ideas for projectile motion assignment pls (1 Viewer)

テリー

HSC
Design and carry out an experiment to investigate the relationship between any two variables concerning either projectile mothin or uniform circular motion.

my teacher gave us one example which is using the hose and put in on different angles (eg. 10degrees, 20 etc) and measure how far the water travels
but i dont like this idea nd i cant think of any other ones.
Can you guys please please please please throw some of your ideas or past experiements at me

thank you so much in advance

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i just had an inclined plane..
wif a metal ball dipped in ink

full mark thou.=@

Wackedupwacko

HSC
im too lazy to think up a new experiment so i shall tell you the one we did last yr in class.

inclined plane on a table (make sure its fixed to start with. then let a ball bearing roll down it.. onto the table and off onto the floor. predictions to where it will land and we use a cup to see if we could catch it... (first one to do so got like a free mars bar :D which i happily munched on afterwards)

if u want an idea of that visually
\
.\
_\_____
.............|
.............|
.............|

theres ur inclined plane.
variables u can change:

the height the ball is let go at (higher = more initial velocity)
the angle of the plane (steeper plane = faster fall = more initial velocity, just dont make it too steep or it wont run on the inclined plane).
both of those change the initial velocity so it may only count as 1 change in variable. in that case you could just prehaps use a shorter table.

make sure if you do this that you account for friction (the ball will never land exactly where you planned it would always a tad shorter which is explained by friction.

T

Testpilot

Use a cannon and a cannon ball, measure the angle and the distance travelled and keep the propellant charge the same each time. Yes, it may be illegal. But think how fun it would be.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

i had an inclined plane and a metal ball rolling off it basically

set it inclined at different angles, metal roll off at diff speeds, and it will produce a line (coz it's dipped in ink), showing it produces a parabolic shape (basis of projectile)

then u do all the usual stuff wif the timing and range etc.etc.

yes. account for friction, human error, reading error..blahblha

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
^

dont mind at all =)

just make sure u make urself know... XD coz i block strangers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)