Ideas for this project!! URGENT!! (1 Viewer)

oobaga

HSC
I am short on ideas for this solution package assignment.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
People in my class all have these good ideas for simple games and stuff and i come up with squatt. lol
again any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

komrade

HSC
Well if it helps, people in my class are doing
-Chess
-Board Game
-Photo quest thingo
-2D game

and im doing a 3D game in basic.
its alot of work but it gets ya good marks ;)

if you wanna do a simple game you can just do a 2D one in KPL
Board games are easy to do with VB and dont really take all that long to do.

Hope thats helped a little...

HSC
People in My class are making RPGs and Jump and Run games using Gamemaker and RPG Maker.
I'm making a Visual Novel game using Python/ Ren'py, which is well worth a look into because it's SO easy to use. Make sure you read the syllabus though! You wouldn't want to start a game and find out that you have to start again because you're not learning what you should!
Ren'py Python is great, I suggest staying away from gamemaker and RPG maker though.

komrade

HSC
RPG maker and Gamemaker dont cover requirements do they? you need data structures and stuff...

Beege

HSC
you guys are lucky, at my school we gotta make something simple to show records in a program for a sports team etc. you guys get to make freakin' FPS shooters :mad1:

komrade

HSC
pft, concider yourself lucky, ive been working on mine since christmas and ive only just managed to posistion the models i make. Simple is good really. Your not marked on your program, rather your marked on the planning and development of it.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
you should be marked on both, with emphasis on planning and development. that was the only way i got first in the assessment, just make sure u ace the software development cycle throughout the development of ur program and ur guaranteed at least 60-70%.

ReapersShadow

HSC
Be a man and learn OpenGL.

You can use Gamemaker- if and only if you use GML (Game Maker Language).

If you're going for simplicity, yet want a kind of "language"- try Ruby with OpenGL or Python with Pygame and make a 2d game.

Or you could learn C++ for 3 years like me and use that with OpenGL :)

Or if you're really lazy, use FreeBASIC, it has OpenGL support :)

Or if you cant be stuffed doing any of that check out either BYOND or RPG Toolkit.

Oh and
Beege: you guys are lucky, at my school we gotta make something simple to show records in a program for a sports team etc. you guys get to make freakin' FPS shooters :mad1:
GET to? God if you knew how hard it is to make one a proper one of those you wouldn't currently be alive.
You'd need to know both advanced C++ and OGL or DX. (Unless you use FPS maker :p)
Anyone wanting to make a FPS is an idiot.

Though, you can still make a shooter game- and only using VB. Just make a bunch of images of "enemies" pop up on a randomized timer, and if you dont click on it fast enough your health goes down or something.

Now back to ontopic:
Make something you CAN make, and not something you THINK you can make.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
remember, it is only one assessment task, and you have the rest of the hsc to worry about....so don't spend an exorbitant amount of time on it

this always happens with software - people let their other subjects suffer for the sake of some 20% assessment - it's just not worth it!

just my 2c :)

Gigabyte89

HSC
ianc said:
remember, it is only one assessment task, and you have the rest of

this always happens with software - people let their other subjects suffer for the sake of some 20% assessment - it's just not worth it!
My major is worth 40%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)