• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ideas.. ideas... ideas..?? (1 Viewer)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
im not the most arty person but iv always had good marks in art and i feel like my major is a big flop out!...

iv got a series of paintings and ive used mix media and focused on shoes, clothes and faces with makeup just of different personalities.. iv done them on perspects, because we thought itd be a good idea to look past peoples appearances, but im not sure what i should put behind the pictures so you can see through the perpects to it.. my teacher sugested doing a layer of perspects above the pictures with some short sentences with some meaning.. and then maybe photos on the layer underneath to show what they have been through and to show they are all really the same people just learning from different experiences such as in the pictures behind... but im not sure at al! i kind of think the whole idea is wierd, i didnt really want to do something with so much meaning.. i just wanted to use alot of materials...

any ideas would be greatly appriciated?

Stubes

One, Two, Step
HSC
Well, it's seems to me you've got many ideas, all which sound pretty good. I don't really know how to help you, but i'm doing a semi-transparent canvas aswell so we're in the same boat I guess.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
i agree - your ideas all seem great. If you have used a whole heap of media and used them well and then add a greater layer of meaning like your teacher has suggested it will bump your marks up heavily.
why not try it on a few and see what you think (given that you posted five days ago you probably have)...
just remember that if you don't like it your teacher doesn't have the right to force you to do it.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
cool, thats alright then, im just not very confident with my idea, its going alright but everyone else in my class are doing things that will be really good to keep after school n put on ur wall or something..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)