ideas? (1 Viewer)

princesskt

HSC
that sounds really good.. i was thinking of doing the whole different perspective thing with something.. actually theres one story im writing atm (nothing to do wif ee2) and yea.. its a story bout a girls suicide attempt and the there's different perspectives of the mum, the girls best friend, the girls neighbour and her teacher. yea.. anyway.. lol

HSC
i know a few people writing in the perspective sorta thing...
I started out with my idea doing that...but it sorta took a whole different turn..

and now i'm starting from scratch again and my proposal is due soon *sigh* :burn:

Last edited:

princesskt

HSC
I'm thinking of doing 3 parts.. 1st part is the couple going out and all that, and the guy is really jealous and possessive and shows signs of a 'potential batterer' part 2 is where the woman is married and has kids and her ex comes back and kidnaps one of the children
part 3 is where the kid develops stockholm syndrome..

oki gotta admit i liked the idea.. when it was in my head.. now.. its seems lame.. as usual :p

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Why is it depressing? Why not try something more light hearted...like....erm....OH! The thoughts going through a chicks head while she's on a blind date, or getting ready for her wedding. Or...a kid's first day at skool; he could have a pretend friend that he talks to or something.

I'm not paying out any of your ideas, or saying that they're bad, I just want to know why it has to be so depressing?

slinkysezzy

HSC
Hey there princesskt, - it'd be interesting to look at someone who is hated by pretty much every one, and see the way that their mind works and how they justify (or regret) their actions. You should give him a personality outside his "wife-beater" status. Give him thoughts, emotions and all the rest of it. If you decide that he regrets it - and actually really hates bashing women, he just can control his emotions, then you could write about his feelings about entering into a new relationship. He loves the woman but he's worried he'll loose control again and end up hurting her etc... and if you wanted gore and violence then you could use flash backs, memories of his childhood etc
If you can do a really good character study you actually wont need too much storyline. I mean you'll still need one but not as much...

also- have you thought about third/first person? the stuff i'm talking about would probably only work in 1st person.

Anyways there's my 5 cents worth. It might not be what your looking for at all.

princesskt

HSC
thanks hey, thats given me more ideas :) im always open to ideas, advice, tips.. anything! I dont think i want gore tho lol, the one main reason why i didnt choose the war story was coz i knew there would be alot of violence involved.. just the thing that triggers a nightmare. now, i love writing n i love this course, but i think i would hate it if i was having nightmares.. sad i know.. but very true lol. i havnt thought bout third/first person.. if u could just re cap me wif wat third person is :S i always get me mixed up :S i know wat first person is dont worry :p

idling fire

HSC
princesskt said:
u could just re cap me wif wat third person is :S i always get me mixed up :S i know wat first person is dont worry :p
Third person example:
"Jack took his jumper off and waved it over his head."

The narrator is a "third person" just watching the action and commenting on everything Jack does. Good old Jack. :)

slinkysezzy

HSC
Haha! Yeah i used to have really bad nightmares - a symptom of having an imagination i think...however these days I'm usually to busy sleeping to dream! hehe.

Anyways - let me know how it goes. I'd love to read it at the end.

See you
Sara

madwoman

HSC
thats fine to change your idea! It shows that you are trying new ideas and gives you something to talk about in your reflection statement!

itd be good if you could clarify what changes you've made. are you still doing stockholm syndrome? (just because there have been a few cases in the news recently about kidnap victims and stuff that you could research).

good luck.

princesskt

HSC
yea im still with the domestic violence and stockholm syndrome part, but im doing it in the eyes of a forensic psychologist..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)