• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Identify" Dot Points (1 Viewer)

ChrisChrisau

HSC
Supposedly silly question 2 weeks away from the HSC, but do "identify" dot points just require you to know the words on the syllabus page?

For example,

"Identify disease adaptations, including:
* Inflammation response
* Phagocytosis
* Lymph system
* Cell death to seal off pathogen"

Would we just need to be able to recognise those terms or know what they mean (if that makes sense?) Basically, how much detail should we know?

Thanks!

lolrofllol

HSC
Some of the identify dot points actually go through the content and that is fine, but the one you include as an example is not one of them. You need to actually identify what happens during those responses.

An example of a dot point that goes through the content is:
"identify that DNA is a double-stranded molecule twisted into a helix with each strand comprised of a sugar-phosphate backbone and attached bases... etc."

Schoey93

HSC
Supposedly silly question 2 weeks away from the HSC, but do "identify" dot points just require you to know the words on the syllabus page?

For example,

"Identify disease adaptations, including:
* Inflammation response
* Phagocytosis
* Lymph system
* Cell death to seal off pathogen"

Would we just need to be able to recognise those terms or know what they mean (if that makes sense?) Basically, how much detail should we know?

Thanks!

I truly do not wish to be rude; but: kill yourself now if you're aiming for a BIO Band 6!! :)

I'm in Year 10 (albeit I am one of the top five students in my year) and I understand that question... it's exactly like an SC Science test question - just fucking harder (and it's a Search for Better Health question, not a Health and Disease question). OBVIOUSLY you have to APPLY your knowledge (SYNTHESIS, a skill required for only seven HSC courses: English (Advanced++), sciences, mathematics...

If you can't SYNTHESIZE (that's the - American - verb) ... then you simply just WILL NOT, as a rule, get a Band 6 in Biology or any other science course

Anyhow; good luck... is this Lyndle from Marian College... if so, this is James 'Schoey'... ciao! :)

Schoey93

HSC
Identify means recognise and name.

Also, every time i read Phagocystosis i lol.

Um. yes. Very hypocritical of a heterosexual to say that homosexuality is 'funny'. So is male and female sex, and with the intro of 'docking' male and male do fit together (provided there is a foreskin) anyhow: I'm not gay. I just am sensitive to the concerns of homosexual as before I met Porsche (my "ex" - we never 'did anything', we are just 'ex-friends' ...ATM) I believed myself to be a homosexual.

:)

Extra EDIT: a 'faggot' denotes 'a bundle of sticks tied together with string' not "a homosexual"... so you're terms are an extended METAPHOR and metaphors are, at their cores, LIES. :)

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Look up your glossary kids. Do you all have a copy of the glossary?

Identify =
Recognise and name

So re: your first question, Phagocytosis, recognise what this process is "a process in the body that destroys and engulfs dead cells, bacteria or other foreign matter"
Lymph system - A network in the body that carries lymph. Consists of lymph nodes, lymph tissue and is responsible for removal of interstitial fluid, waste removal and transport of immune cells

I don't imagine an identify question like the one you posted requires more than one or two brief sentences. You just need to be able to recognize and name the function, you don't need to explain how it works. If you did, they'd ask you to explain. HSC markers hate wafflers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)