• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Identity (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
oh wow. How great was that movie!

*Spoiler ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The plot was very intricate and the use of intertextuality of Christie's crime novel (I think the name is Ten little Niggers?) truly enhanced the appeal of the whole movie.

I like the whole postmodern concept of a murderous plot trapped in the state of mind of the insane criminal who suffered from multi-persoanlity syndrome, but the things that happened in his mind triggered what he did in reality, hence justifying his homicidal intent. It also has a fantastic ending. It was a bit confusing to watch at first but that's what made the movie thought provoking right?!

Has anyone seen it??

Last edited:

dizzyingheights

Yep and I still don't fully understand it lol

But I thought it was a great movie. I thought th best part was how they weaved the stories of each of the characters in the beginning to bring them to the hotel. Very creative.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by dizzyingheights
Yep and I still don't fully understand it lol

But I thought it was a great movie. I thought th best part was how they weaved the stories of each of the characters in the beginning to bring them to the hotel. Very creative.
oh i love that too... it's like how everything has a cause and effect. did you realise what happened in the 'before' part was not chronological? i thought that was interesting

I also like the subtlty that they created between Ed and that Orange girl (her name slipped out of my mind:( just now).

Huy

HSC
N/A
I have to watch this movie, I have it right here.

I'll do it tomorrow, but have you guys (and girls) watched Memento? That was brilliant too, in my opinion. :)
Originally posted by sugaryblue
did you realise what happened in the 'before' part was not chronological? i thought that was interesting
This line is what got me thinking about Memento. :)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I have to watch this movie, I have it right here.

I'll do it tomorrow, but have you guys (and girls) watched Memento? That was brilliant too, in my opinion. :)

This line is what got me thinking about Memento. :)
Huy how can you like "memento"?? there is no begining no end, Lenny, Benny and polaroid photos. i just hate that type of movies like "vanila sky" "memento" and all films by David Lynch. they are too complicated for my mind.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
excellent movie, one of my few favs this year. but next time warn people with a *SPOILER ALERT* first for those who havnt seen it heh.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
but next time warn people with a *SPOILER ALERT* first for those who havnt seen it heh.
True. I haven't seen the movie and now I know what to expect. Oh well, I'm still watching it (later, maybe tomorrow or on the weekends).
Originally posted by piccaninny
Huy how can you like "memento"?? there is no begining no end, Lenny, Benny and polaroid photos. i just hate that type of movies like "vanila sky" "memento" and all films by David Lynch. they are too complicated for my mind.
The beginning is the end! I won't spoil it for anyone else, even though it is an "old" film (2000 or 2001?) - but it's not bad in my opinion.

There was someone else in the Extension-2 English forums who wanted a list of similar movies (eg The Others) with "mess with your mind" endings - I believe the thread was called mind fuck. :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i cant find that thread, but i wouldnt mind a list of simliar movies to identity, fight club, 6th sense etc which keep your mind ticking.

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
excellent movie, one of my few favs this year. but next time warn people with a *SPOILER ALERT* first for those who havnt seen it heh.
oops sorry guys

Rahul

Dead Member
i cant find that thread, but i wouldnt mind a list of simliar movies to identity, fight club, 6th sense etc which keep your mind ticking.
yeh good batch there...

it wasnt the greatest twist...but i liked the storyline. did anyone pick up on the fact that the prisoner ran back to the motel, ie- couldnt escape his reality [psycho's mind].....cant remember his name, michael? that was cool! :p

crazyhobo

Haha. I really feel sorry for you.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
No I really am. It's sad that you can't comprehend great films just because they vary slightly from the cliched crap you devour the rest of the time.
your opinion will not change my mind even by 000.1%. i dont care that you or others think of my movie prefferences. i'm free in this way you are not, you depend that others think of you, you scared to be misunderstood.
and i dont need your pathetic sympathy
:rolleyes:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Let's all calm down. :)

I'm going to watch Identity now, see what all the hype is about. See you all in two hours (or more).

Huy

HSC
N/A
I just saw it, my heart's beating so fast right now (it's not really the type of movies I go and watch, but I'm going to be having nightmares now).

*SPOILER ALERT*

What a great movie! I had the volume turned up, but I didn't watch it at night as was suggested. I was literally shitscared throughout the entire movie. It's fantastic! "Whores don't deserve a second chance" - I had a feeling something was wrong when everybody had the same birthdays and State-surnames. The actor who played Malcolm Rivers was also the cell-mate in an episode of Alias - he freaks me out with his "shifty" eyes! I haven't seen a movie like this in a long time - what a great psychological thriller (classified as a horror, thriller, mystery). I've still got shivers down my spine as I'm typing this. I thought it would be another "Final Destination" but it proved otherwise! Does anyone else think that the guy present in the "present" look like Neils from Frasier? LOL! That went through my mind the whole time I saw him, same hairstyle, chin, face (sort of). I really like the movie, it's not "the best" movie in my opinion but it surely makes you think! I love it. A bit scary (even for a guy), but the way the story was told through the flashback technique has raised a few questions - much like "A Beautiful Mind" did, after I saw it. It's definately a four-star (out of five) movie. Fantastic! :)

crazyhobo

your opinion will not change my mind even by 000.1%. i dont care that you or others think of my movie prefferences. i'm free in this way you are not, you depend that others think of you, you scared to be misunderstood.
and i dont need your pathetic sympathy
:rolleyes:
/me pants piccaninny on the head and hands a tape

Here is the teletubbies. I hope this doesn't hurt your mind too much.

Huy

HSC
N/A

A nice way to say 'mind fuck'

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8608

This was the thread I was referring to, but it doesn't contain too many films, other than those in the first post by aussiechica. I thought there had been more, sorry.

You might also like to view the following threads:

Best movie endings?

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9779

Whats everyones Top 10 favourite films?
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337

Underrated Films
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17692

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)