IDT - Networking and Hardware (1 Viewer)

uniqu

HSC
Yes i also have senior science :(. For IDT im doing web applications... Good luck...

Mickey66

HSC
doing past papers, going over notes. Anyone got any guesses as to what will be in it? :haha:

cbear1236

HSC
Praying it will be like last years paper cause that was pretty chill!! Was anyones trial paper especially difficult?

cbear1236

HSC
Yea I thought it was ok - a few little things I was unsure of (but hopefully know now). But also, I'm not 100% sure how i did because we don't get the marks back :tongue:
Good luck for tomorrow tho m8!!!

LC14199

HSC
I'm doing it today. I've got an extensive background in IT, so I've barely studied for this lol. I did the past papers before I even did the TAFE Course, and got 80+% in 2014 and 2015's paper. So I'm really cruisy about this exam ahaha.

If what I read is true and you only need a mark of 92-95 to get a state rank, then I'm totally gunning for a state rank. My predicted HSC mark was 83%, but I made some stupid mistakes in my trial because I didn't take it seriously. That won't happen this time :p So I'm moderately confident that I'll get at least 90. Would be nice to get a state rank :D :hammer:

Last edited:

cbear1236

HSC
Ahhaa mate love ur attitude i hope u state rank now lol! How did u find the paper? I know i definitely lost some marks ahah but I reckon it was pretty good overall (hopefully). I definitely don't think I could have done it without studying for it tho. Cause after doing prac papers I realised my tafe had essentially missed 85% of the content haha.

LC14199

HSC
tbh, that exam was really nice. Loved the last two extended response questions. As for TAFE missing content, that doesn't surprise me at all. The only reason I wasn't shitting myself for this is because of my love of IT leading to an extensive background understanding. I've built my own computer, run game server back-end administration, and done other fun stuff with networking. So essentially, the Cert III level was a walk in the park for me. Half my problem was the fact that I would OVER think the question and give far, far too much detail rather than giving too little. But hey, never hurts to add more in an exam xD

Overall I think I went pretty well in it, lost a couple of marks in the multiple choice, (dammit fibre optics connectors). Have you seen how long the bloody wikipedia page is for all the fibre optics connectors? And we're "supposedly" meant to know them all? Fuck that man. So anyways, really hoping for a mark in the 90s, or late 80s. I'm hoping for a state rank, but I guess we'll see how things go. I'm just really bloody thankful there wasn't much WHS stuff in that exam. Topics regarding paperwork are my massive weakpoint. I can do technical stuff all day, but ask me about WHS regulations and I've basically got no bloody idea. (Bar the relatively common stuff).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)