IE Problems... (1 Viewer)

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
Hey guys, my friend is having trouble with the internet, and i think it might have to do with internet explorer, as she is currently connected through broadband, and she is talking to me on msn messenger, but her IE browser isn't loading any pages. Any tips on how one would fix this? Thanks.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
bloodysunday said:
Hey guys, my friend is having trouble with the internet, and i think it might have to do with internet explorer, as she is currently connected through broadband, and she is talking to me on msn messenger, but her IE browser isn't loading any pages. Any tips on how one would fix this? Thanks.
Tell her to check her proxy.

That's all i can think of.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Get her to download Adaware, and do a scan for spyware. If she has a lot on her computer, she should get more tools to clean it up, and would indicate this may be the problem.

Otherwise, has she tried another browser? How long has it stopped working for? Are there any mysterious toolbars loaded into Internet Explorer?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tell her that her first problem is that she's using IE.

malkin86

HSC
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention Firefox.. (I don't like it cos it always crashes on me).

But besides that (and Firefox might work just fine on your friend's computer, but I prefer the full Mozilla Suite), you could try Spybot: S&D from here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Which is similar to Adaware, but picks up different bugs to it. So it's worthwhile to run them together, if your friend can.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
lol, so true, firefox is miles ahead of anything. problem is i dont think she can actually get to any websites to fix the problem, so she's kinda stuck in a rut.

edit: ah problem fixed, i'm sending her firefox now :p thanks for the help guys

2nd edit: she now says she has a lot of adware on her computer, so might have to give the spybots a go then.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
bloodysunday said:
lol, so true, firefox is miles ahead of anything. problem is i dont think she can actually get to any websites to fix the problem, so she's kinda stuck in a rut.

edit: ah problem fixed, i'm sending her firefox now :p thanks for the help guys

2nd edit: she now says she has a lot of adware on her computer, so might have to give the spybots a go then.
Give her hijackthis

That's always fun.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
that has happened to me heaps...it is usually spyware or one of those toolbars - (i payed $50 to learn this from a microsoft tech dude) either scan 4 spyware/adware and remove or re-install IE...that should fix it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)