Iemma to face possible suspension (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
NSW Premier Morris Iemma may face suspension from the Labor Party after being formally charged with disloyal conduct.
The Alexandria branch of the party made the formal charges under party rules against Mr Iemma last week, after he declared he would not toe the party's line over a proposed $15 billion privatisation of the electricity industry, The Sunday Telegraph reports.

Many Labor Party branches have voiced their concerns about the privatisation plan and say will use next month's ALP state conference to make clear their opposition to it.

Mr Iemma, and Treasurer Michael Costa, have been charged under an ALP rule which states they must not act contrary to the principles and solidarity of the party.

The charges have been lodged with a 35-strong administration committee, and both Mr Iemma and Mr Costa could soon be asked to appear before an internal party hearing.

They may be given a formal warning or even be suspended from the ALP.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23568161-29277,00.html
Dooms day for Iemma. THERE IS A GOD PEOPLE!! :D

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Well any opinion of Iemma's possible suspension would also reflect opinions on the energy sell-off.

Even though he's taking this stance and opposing, I doubt this issue will have any real impact with his popularity with the wider NSW population.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Well any opinion of Iemma's possible suspension would also reflect opinions on the energy sell-off.

Even though he's taking this stance and opposing, I doubt this issue will have any real impact with his popularity with the wider NSW population.

Whaaaa? What popularity does he have? To be honest, I don't think he has any...from people I know, they hate his ass!! :)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
chicky_pie said:
Whaaaa? What popularity does he have? To be honest, I don't think he has any...from people I know, they hate his ass!! :)
Me included.

But there are still plenty of ignorant, dumb-shit voters out there that think the sun shines out his arse.

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Me included.

But there are still plenty of ignorant, dumb-shit voters out there that think the sun shines out his arse.
mmm...I don't think many people like Iemma - they've just got even less confidence in the opposition.

atreus

HSC
Silver Persian said:
mmm...I don't think many people like Iemma - they've just got even less confidence in the opposition.
exactly

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
NSW Labor is my fav corrupt government

jimmayyy

HSC
per his popularity: he was elected with only a 30% approval rating, and i can only surmise that it has gone downhill since then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)