• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If all your friends where single (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
grk_styl said:
. There should be "girl-time" and "boyfriend-time". .
I totally agree with that, that is what is crap about my situation. My boyfriend and I are pretty much in the same 'group' of friends- I'm one of the boys (and was before we met). Adding to that, I just had a huge fight with a couple of my girlfriends and have just about written them off for good. And My other girlfriends (well a lot of them) are having 'crushes' and whatnot on some of the other guys in the group and we are sort of forming one big group, and it gets yucky cos it never works out between them and i always get stuck in the middle. And I don't have a life away from the bf anymore

HSC
The girls i used too talk to back in high school are great, i liked one of then at one stage and she used that to her advantage and used me as a doormat for every time [once she got her boyfriend] he treated her so much like shit that it drove her to the edge, then he made up for it. Then I'd be there comforting her, then she'd complain about a guy not having X X X X, even though it basically is the normal shit girls would want in a guy, funny, smart, nice, caring, which evidently i was at least "caring" because I was the only one of her friends that gave a shit about her troubles.

If you'd ask me now would I go out with any of them? I'd say no in a heartbeat, I realised how selfish she really is although a nice person, just selfish. Once you're a "friend" too girls, too late anyway! never turn back

HSC
The girls i used too talk to back in high school are great, i liked one of then at one stage and she used that to her advantage and used me as a doormat for every time [once she got her boyfriend] he treated her so much like shit that it drove her to the edge, then he made up for it. Then I'd be there comforting her, then she'd complain about a guy not having X X X X, even though it basically is the normal shit girls would want in a guy, funny, smart, nice, caring, which evidently i was at least "caring" because I was the only one of her friends that gave a shit about her troubles.

If you'd ask me now would I go out with any of them? I'd say no in a heartbeat, I realised how selfish she really is although a nice person, just selfish. Once you're a "friend" too girls, too late anyway! never turn back

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm lucky enough to be part of a group that's almost completely incestuous, meaning whoever they're going out with would be hanging with us anyway.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I'm lucky enough to be part of a group that's almost completely incestuous, meaning whoever they're going out with would be hanging with us anyway.
Haha, i hated that back in high school :S, since i hated most of the girls that hung around our group

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol, I hate that now... I'm a friends time and bf time person... I'd only bring the two together on special occasions like if we went out to the city or forr birthdays or what not

shortie_689

HSC
grk_styl said:
do your friends hang out with u WITHOUT their boyfriends around?

i've noticed that a lot of girls tend to bring their boyfriends when they hang out with the girls, and i can't understand why. You have to babysit your guy and hang out with ur girls. There should be "girl-time" and "boyfriend-time". Given that, yes, it's good when a whole bunch of girls AND guys go out together, but it's a bit silly when all the girls are out together and one of the girls brings her boyf.

I don't know your friends all the situation very well, but it seems like they're more interested in hanging with their boys than with their buds. I remember you posting a while ago saying ur girls were trying to hook u up with a guy so that u weren't single anymore. You needed time to grieve, and they didn't understand that.

You should talk to them about it. If they don't understand, then I guess it is time to rethink your friends. Have u finished school? Going to tafe/uni/etc allows u to meet a whole bunch of new people.

You shouldn't have to go out with your girls and all their boys so that u end up as the 5th wheel. that's not fair. ask your girls for a girly night, with no boys. if they can't spend ONE NIGHT away from their boyfriends, then they have serious insecurity issues.

I totally agree with you... I have a bf and a few of my friends are single... I always make time to see my girls and I tend to always go out with them on the weekends cause thats just something we all do together and enjoy sometimes i will see my bf during the night but for like 10 minutes just to say hi... You are totally right u need time where u separate ur different relationships or you do what so many of my friends have done... One of my friends at a girls night her bf is there so we dont invite her anymore we dont invite her anywhere cause he either comes an she ignores us or she dogs us for him... Hilarious now he has gone away for a month an she calls an is like so an so has gone away now I can spend time with u guys... Makes you feel used so bad an I would never wanna do that to my friends...

felixcthecat

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
all my friends are in relationships, and im single.
it doesnt bother me.
i see all my friends on a regular basis, we all go out together, sometimes with their boyfriends, sometimes without their boyfriends.
i get on with their boyfriends.
and no, i dont want to be in a relationship coz all my friends are in one.
if i ever get into a relationship, its because i actually want to be in one.

mhmm i'm sorta in that situation tooo ~ every has a relationship and i'm single ^^'' hehe.. but i guess it's alrite, cuz i'd rather concentrate for one more yr before i let myself loose, lolz.. (despite some ppl who say relationship helps studying which i sorta agree)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
i've noticed that a lot of girls tend to bring their boyfriends when they hang out with the girls, and i can't understand why. You have to babysit your guy and hang out with ur girls. There should be "girl-time" and "boyfriend-time".
I totally agree with that. My friends have kind of made this group agreement where boyfriends should be kept away from "girl time". I don't know if my friends just don't have much moral values but from past experiences, the single girls will end up flirting with the girl's bf and then one of the single girls will hook up with him and the whole group of friends would split apart. I've seen this happen way too many times. :(

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
most of my friends are single... i don't base my life for my friends, and nobody should live for anybody but themselves. balance between friends and my bf has never been a problem for me anyway though, as my friends are my bf's friends aswell.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
sparkl3z said:
most of my friends are single... i don't base my life for my friends, and nobody should live for anybody but themselves. balance between friends and my bf has never been a problem for me anyway though, as my friends are my bf's friends aswell.
even if you do, i hope you dont have a bad break up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)