if i apply through UAC mid year to change my degree, timetable issue (1 Viewer)

jeann2014

HSC
hello
so i have been at unsw for a semester and want to change my degree judged on my ATAR so will apply through UAC
however i have a perfect timetable planned in my head and am concerned i won't get it if i have to wait all the way for these offers.
so if i enrol in these subjects on my unsay
am i given a new student no. account etc so would lose all these tutorials etc?
really important for work commitments
thankyou

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
U enroll yourself now as soon as possible . And withdraw if you get accepted later.

lebomatic

HSC
U enroll yourself now as soon as possible . And withdraw if you get accepted later.
do you mean enroll in the subjects of the degree we are currently enrolled in or the ones we are applying for?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont understand what u mean by 'a perfect timetable planned in head'
in any case, enroll in the courses that will count 'if you dont get accepted'

lebomatic

HSC
in any case, enroll in the courses that will count 'if you dont get accepted'
ok, gotcha. so after we enroll these courses and we do receive offers for our change of degrees, we will drop these and enroll in the new courses, right? i'm guessing you get a bad timetable for this since you create your timetable late/after you receive an offer?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
ok, gotcha. so after we enroll these courses and we do receive offers for our change of degrees, we will drop these and enroll in the new courses, right? i'm guessing you get a bad timetable for this since you create your timetable late/after you receive an offer?
1. Yes
2. Who is this 'you'?

lebomatic

HSC
1. Yes
2. Who is this 'you'?
me (or anyone else creating timetable after offer date). when you transferred, was your timetable for your new degree good to enroll in or was most classes full by then?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
i have not transferred yet. im gonna apply IPT soon. im guessing yes

D94

HSC
N/A
Either way, you would want to enrol into those subjects. If you don't get a new account etc., then great, but if you do, well then you can't do anything about it.

You should not get a new student number and so you can enrol 'back to' UNSW and those subjects should be still in your enrolment basket. The process via UAC should not be any different to an internal program transfer. The whole IPT transfer makes you go through most of the initial enrolment process again, so I highly doubt it would be different for transfers or enrolments via UAC since you would have the same student number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)