If only.. (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

If you could go back to any period of time in Ancient History, where would u go? Me, i'm partial to Ancient Egypt or Greece. Not particularly keen on Persia or Rome.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well, i'd like to go to Rome to find out what their mushrooms were like, for obvious reasons :p

but, hmm... i wouldnt mind going back to the Garden of Eden, seen what it was really like...

but more on topic, probably Rome, yeah... i think after studying it so much it would seem a waste not to go there!

i wouldnt mind visiting some Incans either...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
id go back to macedonia so i could shake the hand of alexander

and maybe go into the fabled companion cavalary

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Id like to go back and meet Augustus, and also find out if Messalina could really win a sex contest against a prostitute :rolleyes: Anyone seen I Claudius? I swear that movie is such a cack up :p

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
we watched some of I Claudius in class... it was pretty dodgy :p

how about a Part 2 of malayz's question:

If you could be anyone you studied, who would you be?

malayz_angel

Be more specific Snake... studied this year? Or before?

Except for the year, I share Hitler's birthday and my nickname when I was little used to be 'the dictator' lol
I guess I'd like to pop into his head for maybe three seconds just to see what was in there....

I'd also like to be Herodotus... see if he truly was trying to be unbiased towards the Greeks...

Oh yeah and since we're fantasising here... I'd like to keep all my knowledge of the present so that I could go back in time and tell certain ppl what they did wrong.. (if I liked them)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
(yay malayz, you're back!)

i think i would have loved to have met Caligula... anyone who inducts a horse into the senate has to be fun to party with :p

wednesday

hey where can i find the info about Caligula's bringing of the horse into the senate? our teacher told us about it and we all thought it was hilarious but she didnt tell us where to find it...

i'd like to go back to Egypt i think but then again i like rome...somewhere where they didnt all kill each other! I wouldn't mind being Agrippina she was a very strong woman.

We watched I claudius in class, messalina was pretty funny but caligula was worse....that dance he did was too much!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
caligula source... im not sure! but we do calig officially next term, so i might be able to help you then, if u still wanna know :p ud reckon it'd be from seutonius or someone wouldn't you, knowing what seutonius was like! tho i spose if it was seutonius the horse would have ended up in some less than desirable situations...

wednesday

he dressed up in like a belly dancer's or women's clothing n danced around perhaps in a play i can't remember, for Claudius and someone else i cant remember either....im not much help am i!!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
bloody caligula... who does he think he is :mad: princeps or something! bah.

malayz_angel

Hehe... I really have to read up on ancient Rome... u make the Romans sound so interesting :) Esp Claudius... I'm very intrigued by this horse-Senate thing.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hehhe yeah, the horse/senate thing is one of my personal faves (as is caligula)... dunno if ive said it before, but once he marched the entire roman legion to the coast, and made them all collect sea shells for him :p

malayz_angel

*Ponders* Hmmmm... u may be right, just look at present day politicians...if any political figures read this, I claim that I was under the influence of alcohol....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)