If you could go back in time to the beginning of Year 12 and tell yourself something, OR change one thing you did in year 12, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

souli

HSC
Hi Year 12s!!
With your newfound year 12 knowledge, (I'm now a year 12 and curious to know) is there anything you would change or tell yourself if you could go back in time? Would you have the same approach to your studies? What would you have done differently to do better? :)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Hi Year 12s!!
With your newfound year 12 knowledge, (I'm now a year 12 and curious to know) is there anything you would change or tell yourself if you could go back in time? Would you have the same approach to your studies? What would you have done differently to do better? :)
literally keep up with ur work/notes

hcemtfa

HSC
Hi Year 12s!!
1. Dont waste the 6 week holidays
2. From day 1, print all your hsc papers chuck em in a cute folder and do whatever questions you can as your progress with content ( regret not doing this so bad)
3. Cross check all your info, use multiple sources so you can gain a holistic understanding showing extensive knowledge ( multiple note sources or textbooks)
4. This one is subjective but making notes imo was a waste of time.. theres plenty resources out their but if this works for you then carry on
5. You need an activity to not burn yourself out, for example for me it was gym

SASH_06_X

HSC
I'd use the December hols before the new year to go ahead in terms of content, start doing past trial and HSC papers as I finish the content, NOT procrastinate, tell my past self all the eng trial qs, and most importantly.....

Tell myself to create a BoS acc right at the beginning of Term 4 2022 instead of discovering it halfway through 2023 like some ancient troglodyte.

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
- Don’t listen to your old teacher, keep working on your first English assessment after she tells you “it’s great there’s nothing to change” because she’s lying
- Memorise your English essays earlier
looks like we have the same english teacher lol...she told me all my essays for my hsc are in the "A range"...

Cathode_RT

HSC
Nothing really, Y12 is a journey and through its trials you learn the lessons you need for the final HSC
Im sure there would be things I could tell myself straight, but would it be of much worth since I wouldnt know the value of what I was told (ie: the dux from my school basically told everyone at the beginning of the year to do past paper questions straight away, but I didnt take it seriously because I was focused on assignments at the time. If I went back to tell myself basically the same thing, why wouldnt past me just go "I'm busy right now, maybe later" like I did back then?)

scholarpuppy

HSC
N/A
1. i'd honestly pick the max amount of units i could do - 4u english, 4u math, ... then drop them after the first assessment.
2. (!!!) picked subjects on what i liked rather than scaling, bc ultimately i'm in school to learn. scaling literally doesn't matter if ur bad/don't enjoy it.
3. check how many band 6s in ur school vs how many people taking it. e.g. there's the same amount of b6s in bio and drama but 70+ ppl taking bio vs 15 ppl taking drama. so there possibly might be a problem in teaching in bio so tread carefully or put in extra effort.
4. knew what bridging courses were because i kept chem in the case i wanted to be a doctor - which i don't.
5. i'd use other ppl's exemplar notes and annotate instead of making my own (esp for hsie subjects). too time consuming.
6. kept my sports and extracurriculars + volunteer - teaches you life skills (n it's great for scholarships)
7. gone to traditional tutoring esp if u do math (dr du, proed) and chem (matrix - holiday courses) or see the best students and see where they go. quit the tutor if you see little to no progress.
8. go to the library more

despite this, i loved year 12. it's a very fun year and try to not stress yourself out too much! meet more people in your year, take lots of videos and have a good muckup day. xx

AAArated

HSC
Don’t drop maths drop modern
Don’t be lazy and make ur stupid condensed flash cards
Ur gonna feel like shit at the end so don’t burn yourself out by trying so hard at the start
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning — fav inspirational quote
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning — fav inspirational quote
should be pinned

don't worry about bs other people say work as hard as you want, ultimately they just jealous you're doing well (this is especially true at the toxic top selective schools - people all put in similar amounts of effort and so will get jealous when you rank better cause they were too dumb to achieve it themselves)

oh but do make sure to use your school time to just relax with friends, uni is nothing like school, school is literally you getting to see your friends for 6 hours everyday and chill for 6 hours.

tsilipus

HSC
Dont't EVER procrastinate. It will DESTROY you.

I learned this the hard way.
As soon as you get your assignment notification, start on it immediately. In your free time, dedicate at least 2 hours of your day to studying, you will get so far. Please learn from my mistakes, heed my warning or you will end up like me failing miserably in all my exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)