• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If you could have a statue... (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
We have joy the prostitute, asylum wants to have a tentacle monster with a hello kitty head - if you could have a statue dedicated to you on the grounds - what would it be?

I would probably want just a heap of hardware stacked in a pile, draped/covered in film reels and cds and shiny surfaces to keep children/glitterfairy amused.

HSC
N/A
LOL @ glitterfairy reference. Glad to know you're thinking of me, dear :p

I'm not really sure what I'd like. Maybe a mermaid, some kind of fairy, a dancer... a combination of the three?!?!? lol

OH I know what I'd like. There's this gorgeous fountain in rome (not the Treveli fountain) with four nymphs in it. I don't think it'd fit on the MQ grounds, but something similar, like with one nymph (made in the likeness of yours truly :p) on it :D

EDIT: Alternatively, a fountain with something like the girl in my avatar in it would be nice :) I like rounded dance lines... all nice and flowy :)

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Hooray! Nymph - how interesting - just get rid of lake yerbury and install it there :p

nixy_00

HSC
i just want that huuugee laddar kinda circle fish shape statue near the lake at uni - id love that named after me its awesome

not that i did a very good explanation of it but u all know wat im talking about

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Nice to see you keep Jane Goodall and her famous work in the back of your mind, Jamie!

Not sure what I'd have... a fountain that worked would be nice :p

Or, some big thing that you could sit on, with all interactive bits and pieces... like the play equipment with noughts and crosses.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i am going to do an MIT style hack in the library - and make one of the walls mine - just have to wait to get back to uni to do it now :p

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I wouldnt mind a giant duck

Actually two of them.

One smack bang on the middle of the road where the "Duck Walk" sign is.

And another on its back underneath the fountain. So like a Duck shrine where all ducks can gather at midnight and perform weird rituals or such.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha can't you just imagine the uni with all those statues?
you'd drive into uni and dodge a giant duck, walk down the stairs towards the library and get mesmerised by shiny surfaces before being woken from your daze by a hello kitty with tentacles which is so disturbing that you turn your head only to being greeted by a giant marsupalami on top of the library and a flying spaghetti monster near by. then you decide to skip a class of two and walk down to sam to pay on the interactive statue and admire the roman style fountains on the way.
ahem, i did not type all that. and i did not live it out it in my mind as i was typing it :uhoh:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
The Big Green Poo at Lake Macquarie.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol oooh i like this thread, first time i've opened it

what would i want? lol well i wouldn't want this named after me but to add to the weird statues and things ... how bout we have a pair of MASSIVE woman opening up her legs, as the arches for the library doors... so it looks like a woman is giving birth to all these little macquarie students. I saw this somewhere and couldn't stop laughing lol

I guess I'de want wat mj said.. a fountain that worked and that you could sit around but i'de want a bunch of naked people statues in it, so that look like they're being glorious and prettyful.. that would be cool :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Toga clad greek gods in a congo line led by Dionysus would be well appreciated. Maybe with a permanent boombox on one of the gods shoulders so that music is always playing.

clairegirl said:
what would i want? lol well i wouldn't want this named after me but to add to the weird statues and things ... how bout we have a pair of MASSIVE woman opening up her legs, as the arches for the library doors... so it looks like a woman is giving birth to all these little macquarie students. I saw this somewhere and couldn't stop laughing lol
<3 Patch Adams

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
mind your step, it can be slippery inside!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lcf said:
mind your step, it can be slippery inside!
And if you think it's hot out there, wooh, come on. :p

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
kami said:
And if you think it's hot out there, wooh, come on. :p
is that a proposition kami? :p :shy:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lcf said:
is that a proposition kami? :p :shy:
;):eek::p:ninja:
w00t! Knowing the lines to movies has finally paid off!

marchetta said:
I've seen people climbing that ladder statue!
I think I've sat on that statue:eek:

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
has anyone not climbed that statue at some time in their lives? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)