If you didn't have a modern history teacher... (2 Viewers)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I don't mind British medieval history nor France's one. The kings and queens are pretty cool, and I pretty much enjoy the Crusades :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah said:
Yeah, I don't mind British medieval history nor France's one. The kings and queens are pretty cool, and I pretty much enjoy the Crusades :)
Read the book on Marie Antoinette - Orsum read. :D

I was watching a documentary on Napolean the night before my modern history trials :eek:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I want to do Napoleon in History Extension, but it's probable that we're going to stick with Elizabeth I.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah said:
I want to do Napoleon in History Extension, but it's probable that we're going to stick with Elizabeth I.
Can't you guys do a vote? JFK is pretty interesting :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
There's only 2 people in our class. Though, I doubt we even have the resources for Napoleon in the first place.

By the way, the other person wants to do an Ancient topic, and our teacher (head teacher of History) is more of an Ancient teacher. I want to do Napoleon or JFK, a Modern topic.

SO I guess Elizabeth I is a balance between the two :)

quacksaysthecow

HSC
tanjin said:
I think i can. I learnt the entire Cold War and Trotsky section without the help of the teacher but i still think my teacher was awesome :D
Well I am doing my HSC via correspondance, you can do it, but how well you do in it depends on what kind of learner you are and what is available to you. I like talking about the subjects it helps me take it in more..

mareeahh2166

HSC
In terms of learning and absorbing the content i think that you can solely rely on your trusty textbook but when it comes to historiography, i think you need your teacher to provide you with the skills on how to approach it.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
well if u asked me that last year fckin hell yeah(why cause i hated modern history)
ask me today when im repeating fckin hell no(why cause you need the right textbooks some textbooks dont explain some parts properly which is the reason why we get alot of hand outs and different text books to work on) and listening in class really confirms everything to me i got to say listening in class makes a huge difference learnt that the hard way...had to repeat to fckin learn that

lionking1191

HSC
buying a useless ringer textbook: 30 dollars
wasting a day at a history study day: 28 dollars
having a senior lecturer/hsc marker/syllabus writer/textbook writer/comedian for a teacher: priceless :rolleyes:

abbylee

HSC
You may as well say i dont have a teacher.
he spends all his time joking around. which is fun for a while.
but now we have half yearlys and i hardly know anything.
i basically read over our textbook a billion times.
its a crap text book.
but its better then me teacher anyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)