If you do B.comm at UNSW and apply to transfer into Comm/Law at USYD? (1 Viewer)

RishBonjour

HSC
Will you be considered in the exact same manner as a USYD Comm student? i.e. 50/50 ATAR/GPA, with no special considerations for iUSYD student's internal transfer?
Also, when people apply for transfers, is it through UAC or university. If it is through UAC, do you only pick one degree to transfer to? or a few like we can now.

Just curious because I know UNSW reserves 100 spots for internal transfers (i.e. special considerations for internal students)

thanks.

Dylanamali

HSC
Will you be considered in the exact same manner as a USYD Comm student? i.e. 50/50 ATAR/GPA, with no special considerations for iUSYD student's internal transfer?
Also, when people apply for transfers, is it through UAC or university. If it is through UAC, do you only pick one degree to transfer to? or a few like we can now.

Just curious because I know UNSW reserves 100 spots for internal transfers (i.e. special considerations for internal students)

thanks.
Preety sure USYD doesn't have special considerations for internal transfers.
The only benefit would be that you would get full credits for that year of study and so would still only do 5 years.

RishBonjour

HSC
Preety sure USYD doesn't have special considerations for internal transfers.
The only benefit would be that you would get full credits for that year of study and so would still only do 5 years.
thanks Dylan.

Does that mean if I were to successfully transfer i would have to start the Comm/law degree from the beginning (hence, waste a year?)

Dylanamali

HSC
thanks Dylan.

Does that mean if I were to successfully transfer i would have to start the Comm/law degree from the beginning (hence, waste a year?)
Possibly.. you have to fill in a form to apply for credits.
I'm not sure how favourably USYD looks upon UNSW's Comm course, I would assume that you would get credited for a few units - just not sure if it would be all of them.

RishBonjour

HSC
Possibly.. you have to fill in a form to apply for credits.
I'm not sure how favourably USYD looks upon UNSW's Comm course, I would assume that you would get credited for a few units - just not sure if it would be all of them.
Oh right, thanks man!

anyone else? especially if you know someone who actually transferred this way

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I am not sure about UNSW > USYD but I know someone who transferred from USYD Com to UNSW Com/Law and had all his Com courses credited.

I would think it would be the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)