• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If you fail a subject... (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Shuter said:
Hahahahaha, unless you're pretty crap at the course, a few days before assignments/exams should be fine to get good results.
That very much depends on how you define "good".

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
In that case, no.

"A few days" before exams will most certainly not guarantee a distinction or better.

S

Shuter

I didn't say garantee, nothing is garanteed. It should still be easily doable though.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I found out that retaining a little every week as you go along saves you a lot of stress at the end-of-semester exams, even if the little you retained is like 5-10% of what you need to know. I had basically memorised the topics of stereochemistry and spectroscopy/analytical techniques before the exam, so that I had the one week of stuvac to cram all of the other parts of chemistry. Not good for my health, but I was very relieved just to skim through the pages for the two topics mentioned above and be like, yep, I know this, even though they were a relatively small part of the chemistry course.

I agree with Lexi, my "few days before exams" snared me only Credits, but which I'm grateful for as I thought I'd literally fail everything (had nightmares of getting 49 since concessional passes are no longer awarded)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)