• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

if YOU/GF WERE PREGNANT RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (1 Viewer)

IF YOU OR YOUR PARTNER WERE PREGNANT WHAT WOULD YOU DO

• Abort

Votes: 75 50.0%
  • Keep him/her

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Hide under a table and hope everything will be okay

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I'd be lost and confused

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
yeah, that is kinda selfish, but i guess you just gotta consider the situation and person.

see, if i was pregnant now, i'd be really freaked out as to how i got pregnant. i am seriously not the type to get pregnant now, especially since i'm single. so, if i did somehow get pregnant, i'd know it wasn't because i wanted it. and though i would feel bad about killing the unborn child, i'd also know that i wouldn't be able to bring the child up on my own [especially if we're talking about right now], and i wouldn't quite want to bring a child into the world if i wasn't sure i'd absolutely adore all of it.

so, many people wouldn't want to keep a baby not because they are selfish, but because they want to be sure the child would grow up surrounded by love, and they want to be sure they can give the best to the child. think of the people who abuse and abandon [not jsut physically, but emotionally as well] their kids, that's just really sad. i really hate how parents have children knowing that they can't bring the child up in a safe and happy environment

Marieke

From Amsterdam in The Netherlands, now living in S
HSC
soha said:
well in a sense..
they say they wouldnt want their child to have to live such an unpleasant life
then one said it would ruin her life because she would have to devote her life to caring extra hard for a disabled child
i thought that was pretty selfish

but i say if thats whats given to me then so be it
who am i to take a life..and decide if it should live or die
let it be..
You have to do what makes you happy and content - if you can do it? Good on you. But I couldn't and you know what? I wouldn't want to bring a kid in the world knowing they will have a shit quality of life. And you know what - if I went to Uni and worked my butt off to get a good carerr, I wouldn't want to throw all that in to spend the rest of my life at home with a disabled kid.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i suppose...i see it like that too
but i dunno
i have an auntie who has a disabled child
shes been depressed and had breakdowns and unable to cope
due to her sons condition
but its more a matter for me of taking a life
no matter whats wrong with them i couldnt do it
i know i wouldnt want it but yeah

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im 17 and i can honestly say that if i was preggers right now i would keep the baby. abortion is not an option for me. i wish abortion never existed. its so wrong! ggez i mean if u think your responsible enough to have sex, then you are responsible enough to keep the baby. tho, even if i was raped, i would keep the baby. my parents would support me i think. theres a girl at my school, she was 16 and had a baby. to an indian guy. she was in our year but she left school last year and came back and is repeating yr 11 this year. i admire her

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Your situation is very different to some people. Some people don't have the luxury of being able to live off their parents. Also, I feel sorry for that girl you talked abuot, as that baby has cost her a couple of her year of her youth. If she aborted, she would probably be out of school and enjoying her life.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
If I was raped, I would definately abort. The child's birthday would be a constant reminder of the incident. If I was in a serious, long term relationship then I would consider keeping it. But I think at the moment Iwould abort...It's not fair bringing up an unwanted child, and I do not have the means to support a child.

But each to his own. I think regardless of your personal beleifs, that it should be the woman's right to have a choice about her own life. It shouldn't be up to the government to decide what she does with her life, and the life of her child. These situations are difficult enough....

K

katie_tully

I'm glad somebody has dragged this thread out, especially in light of certain comments made by a Mr. Alan Cadman.

"I can't believe that women in this day and age are so dumb to get pregnant willy-nilly,"

The words of a moron with say.

Firstly to the issue of "killing an unborn baby". Can a baby survive outside of the womb before 20 weeks?
No.
You aren't killing anything, because the fetus cannot survive independantly without the mother. It needs the mother to survive, so why should the mother carry the burden of an unwanted pregnancy for 9 months, because some twit believes abortion is murder?

If you personally do not believe in abortion, why the hell are you involved in the debate to begin with? If it does not concern you, does not affect you, and is not your personal choice, who are you to say it should be banned? Who are you to question the ethics and morality of those who choose to abort?

Half of these moronic MP's were under the impression more teenage girls had abortions than any body else. What a slap in the face it was when they realised married women with children undertake the majority of abortions. So much so, that some fool had the audacity to insult women, by calling those who have abortions dumb.

Then some argue "if you don't want a pregnancy, take more precautions". This is insinuating that everybody who gets pregnant was practising in unsafe sex. Can it be mentioned that no one contraceptive is 100% effective? Women who have their tubes tied, have become pregnant again, further proving that even the most extreme of precautions are not 100% effective.

Then there is the question of religious reasons.
Keep your religion to yourself. Do not impose it on anybody else. Shut the hell up and be a good little Christian, but do it in your own backyard, not the public eye.
I'm sure it would be as offensive to a Christian if somebody in the public eye said "all Christians are morons", as it would be to a person who has had an abortion being called "a dumb woman".

Lastly. Medicare has been brought into this debate, as has federal funding for abortions. Can I ask why it is people want funding to abortions cut, yet are quite happy to continue supplying drug addicts with free syringes, while diabetics do not get their needles for free?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
here here! "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Katie_tully again"

I say, I do not want a bunch of hypocritical, balding, fat, middle age, rich and narrow minded men sitting about a room making decisions on a topic that they do not understand, nor are affected by.

Allan Cadman......no longer will I be supporting you challenge for leadership (CNNNN)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
bug123 said:
Probably push her down a steep set of stairs and hope for the best
thats awful, how could you say or even joke about doing something like that...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my friends first time was recently unprotected
we were so scared if she got pregnant
but she didnt
we had it all worked out..what to do..who to tell..etc

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
why did she have unprotected sex? did she want to fall pregnant?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
because she was at her b/fs house
and "it just happened"
im like..how could u 4get that u need to use protection..
she said "it just happened"
i was like omg..dude..now she knows better
lol..i guess it was the heat of the moment and they wanted to and didnt think twice about the consequences
but lucky its all good
-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)