• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If you had a choice to do the HSC in 2 years... (2 Viewers)

How many years to do the HSC?

Votes: 14 63.6%

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 3+

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

tempco

HSC
Just wondering, what are your opinions on doing the HSC over 2 years? Say, doing half of your subjects in each year, or doing the base subjects in one year, and their extensions the next.... so, would you?

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
1 yrs betta... get it over n done with quicker... neway if u want to go good all u need is to focus for 1 year

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
1 simply put 2 is waste of time + mon ey (time = money)

2 = 1 years = 2 chances of HSC

So lets say you failed hsc the first year, you do it again much greater chance than doing it over 2 years true?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah but think of the workload on the people.....going from potentially a year 10 structured study pattern to a HSC study pattern would prove too much 4 the majority (imo).

Another thing is, comprssing 2 years worth of information into a single year, places not only added stress on family life/school life.....but also social life....which is crucial 2 maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

In my opinion, 2 years is suitable enough for the amount of information and understanding that is involved.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Just wondering, what are your opinions on doing the HSC over 2 years? Say, doing half of your subjects in each year, or doing the base subjects in one year, and their extensions the next.... so, would you?
I know someone who is doing that...hmm..she seems less concerned/stress than other who are doing it all in one year and she also maintains her social life...ie. both her sisters got married around September-December
I guess it has mainly advantages, but it could be that some people would prefer to do it all in one go. And maybe they don't like to be seen as the older student in whatever course they are doing at uni.

arls

depends on the person.... my sister did 3units of french hsc in yr 11 cause she went on french exchange in year 10... which meant she only had 8 units in yr 12 and soo many free periods..

she was so unmotivated cause she had so much free time and got soo sick of the hsc (like we all do) cause shed been into it for so long.

it really depends on the person i think.. for sum it could be the best thing in the world to destress. for others it would demotivate!

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by Chand
And maybe they don't like to be seen as the older student in whatever course they are doing at uni.
I don't mean doing year 12 twice, but doing it in both year 11 and year 12.

After finishing your exams in the first year, you still have a another whole year of HSC in front of you... >_<

tempco

HSC
I've heard that repeating it would be worse... you'd become complacent, and you won't perform as well as you did the first time... that's a generalisation, but hey, it might actually happen!

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Chand
And maybe they don't like to be seen as the older student in whatever course they are doing at uni.
Dude "mature age students" comprise a large number of Uni students, so even if you did year 12 over 2 years, you WON'T be the older student, there might be people over 30 who knows

2 YEARS = WASTE OF TIME

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
2 YEARS = WASTE OF TIME
Not if it's year 11 and 12... didn't learn much in preliminary anyway...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm doing my HSC over three years:

Chemistry Prelim and HSC in year 1
English Prelim in year 1
Maths prelim in year 1

English HSC in year 2
Maths HSC in year 2
Biology Prelim and HSC in year 2
Hospitality Prelim and HSC in year 2

Two other subjects in year 3.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
but don't u need to complete prelim to do the HSC neway?
It is required by the Board of Stuides. And anyways, for some subjects like chemistry, HSC is like a follow up of some of the prelim stuff.

blue_chameleon

HSC
So wot year r u currently doing now? Do u feel as tho u might have lost/or will lose motivation and focus bcoz u do it over 3 years?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I am currently in year 1. Starting year 2 in about two weeks.

My HSC has be stuffed up because l was so stupid enough to follow the guideance of my careers advisor and drop a subject to do TAFE, even though l shouldn't have or didn't have to.

My UAI is going to be so low if l only do two years, so l'm coming back to do a third. In reply to your question, l think l will lose focus and motivation, but at least l know l would have tried my hardest and stayed behind when all of my friends go to UNI. and probably get a higher UAI than they will.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Yeh.....well i think wot ur doing takes a lot of courage :) Ul get thru it, and im sure u will make a lot of friends from it. Go 4 it !

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Well, l think l'll be teased from the lower grades, a lot as well.

I just hpoe l can get through it.
Most days l will only have to come to school for one period.

A couple of other people are doing what l'm doing though, l wonder if the school will realise that the method of going the HSC (the schools way) is wrong and shouldn't be done.

tempco

HSC
So are you doing this on your own volition? Or is the school forcing to do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)