If you receive marks you don't like, how do you make yourself feel better? (1 Viewer)

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Since I am getting trial marks lately... I mean, I am feeling okay, but you know, I now have heaps more motivation to do even better.

I have received modern, but without section 4 because the teacher hasn't finished marking it. But I can already predict it, and it will be in the low 70's. So I am a bit worried about that since that scales pretty low. But what I get from assessments is low 80's.

As for religion, I do well in that and I am confident in that subject, so I did really well.

I haven't received the rest... but I am worried to be honest. I mean, I tell myself don't worry too much, it's okay, I will kill the final exams, etc. But sometimes it doesn't work all the time, you know? (Trying to read my sig more often lol) But you know, it still affects you a bit.

Legal is one of my weaker topics, so I am scared to get marks. Extension, scared as well. But that is only worth 10%, does that mean it doesn't matter THAT much?

Oh and society, my teacher is remarking because he said he felt he rushed it... and I got 78 for that... and I know that scales low, but in assessments I have gotten 90, 95, 100. So will trials affect me a lot? Unless i scrape more marks that is.

Anyway, how do YOU make yourself feel better if you are disappointed?

starshine02

HSC
I eat. then i feel bad so i stop that and i talk to people. or i just cry. or i do something i enjoy. then i try harder :)

Blocy

HSC
N/A
I exercise or just do things that distract me from them, and revisit the marks with a clearer mind. Know that you can't change the past, so use it as inspiration to improve for the HSC

2xL

HSC
Rage at the teacher for poor marking and convince myself it's not me, it's the marking.

enoilgam

HSC
I just assess what I did wrong and look at what is needed to avoid the same result occuring again.

unLimitieDx

HSC
compare my mark to someone who got lower and tell them "there there"

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I just assess what I did wrong and look at what is needed to avoid the same result occuring again.
That is great advice! :) I am still concerned about my commerce exam which was worth 10% but at least I know what I'll be doing when I get it back :)

Roy216

HSC
Rage at the teacher for poor marking and convince myself it's not me, it's the marking.
That's what a guy I know does but he keeps doing shit... and refuses to accept that its him

animerocker

HSC
I just say "oh!" and then ignore it. I will probably get motivated so I excercise, clear my mind and then gradually start studying again until I regain confidence again.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
When a little disappointed, I just go for a really long walk (maybe 2-3 hours) to think about things and when come back 100% motivated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)