If you used to be a fan of the Babysitters Club (1 Viewer)

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Right, so my bestie and I are reliving childhood memories before she leaves for europe (in 2 weeks :( !!!) and we were talking about how much we loved the BSC. Which got us talking about it and now we're stumped?
Who was Abby (we know she was Anna's twin) and did she die/why did she leave the club?
Um i have more questions but i will wait until some of the crucifixion for talking about the Babysitters Club is out of the way.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
omg... i used to LOVE these books. my parents really encouraged it, i started reading babysitters' little sister back in yr1 or 2, and then advanced onto BSC :p my fave character was claudia :p i used to love reading about her outfits hahaha.. so "distant!" and "dibble!" high-top sneakers, cowboy boots and leggings!! <3<3<3 ROFL

edit: http://www.scholastic.com/annmartin/bsc/classic.htm
BSC 83: Stacey vs. the BSC - this was the last one i ever bought :p

i really really vaguely remember abby, i went to grace bros in chatswood, picked up a new and she was in it.. very strange. she was the new girl, right? i don't remember anything about her except she was from long island and is asthmatic or something... nfi about a twin sister, though!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
I LOVED those books... me and my little sis, we used to wander around the house saying "Hello, babysitters club!" annoyng the crap out of our family.
i dont remember details though..

Catwalk

HSC
all i remember about abby was that she had scoliosis.

loved those books! i started reading them in year 2 and didn't stop until year 6. how embarrassing!

Danoz The Great

HSC
Yeah, Abby was sick wasn't she?

I have about 40 BSC books at home, plus the movie on tape :p

*Buttercup*

HSC
Catwalk said:
all i remember about abby was that she had scoliosis.

loved those books! i started reading them in year 2 and didn't stop until year 6. how embarrassing!
hehe i was still readin em in high school, i was hooked...

i dont kno what happened to abby, i read a few that she was in tho... how do u kno something happened to her!?

*Buttercup*

HSC
wow i jus went to that link someone posted... THERES 131 BOOKS! ur kidding!! the last one i read was 100 :(

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
This is REALLY embarassing - but I too was OBSESSED with these books when I was about 6 until the time I was 10 or so? As trashy as they are now, looking back at it, these books were the things that got me reading so much.

I remember an Abby very very vaguely but I can't provide any information as to what happenned to her or where she went.

I used to love the Super Specials and the Mysteries. The last book I ever bought was book 100 and then that was it. I made a concious decision to stop after that. *sigh*

Childhood....

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
OMG, I was the biggest BSC fan in the entire world. Primary school was just a big BSC experience for me. I have about 70 books, the last being #119. I'm such a tragic - I have the BSC mystery collection, biographies, a couple of the California Diaries and those SUPER SPECIAL books where everyone in the BSC goes on vacation. I still remember that my favourute was the one where they went to Hawaii, and Stacey got into a helicopter crash and couldn't find her insulin.

I'm not ashamed to admit that it was indeed the Babysitters Club that can account for my bookwormish tendencies. Gawd, I even have the movie on tape somewhere.

I remember Abby was a New Yorker who had a twin Anna that had scoliosis and was good at soccer. I didn't even know she disappeared. Or did she? I'm going to have to do some research now, lol.

From Wiki:
Abigail "Abby" Stevenson
Club position: Alternate officer (replacing Dawn)
First appearance: #89, Kristy and the Dirty Diapers (British English title: Kristy and the Nasty Nappies)
Shortly after Dawn moves back to California to live with her father, Abby moves to Stoneybrook from Long Island with her mother and her twin sister, Anna (who turns down the invitation to join the club in the same book); her father died when she was 8 or 9. Abby's love for sports and bold personality often put her at odds with Kristy. She and Shannon Kilbourne are the only other Baby-Sitters Club members who live in Kristy's neighborhood. She has curly black hair and brown eyes, and suffers from asthma and allergies.

Last edited:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
omg, i used to be obssessed with the BSC. on really boring days, i could read 2 of them books in one day.
i vaguely remember abby...
but god, i loved the books so much.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
haha i used to be a fan. I bought so many books from book club and was obsessed :D

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
haha....memories.....used to read them too.....aswell as goosebumbs.....sweet valley high.....hahah....animorphs....roald dahl stuff.....had a mix between all these girly things and action/adventure type books now i'm onto fantasy stuff lol.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
So i was speaking to another 90s Babysitters Club fan and it turns out i was right and Abby DID die... she even remembered the book (freak) Mary-Anne and the Memory Garden... apparently she died in a car crash.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I owned hundreds of the Little Sister books (Ha, I loved Karen and her friends whose names I forget), but I never got into the BSC books for some reason. Probably because karen was closer to my age and the BSC characters were too "old" for me to relate to :p. And when I did get older I'd moved onto other things.

Those books actually got me reading and *shock horror* enjoying it, which was no mean feat in those days.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
OMG i used to absolutely love those books!!!!! *so very very sad* i loved claudia. and i hated mary anne, gosh she was annoying. oh and the super special books, yes they were great, i remember my favourite was the one where they all went to some camp or something? or whatever happened. *hides head in shame* i liked claudias character so much that i tried to copy her fashion sense for a while until mum forcibly stopped me :eek:
i read the little sister books as well, they were pretty cool but seriously for a couple of years those books were my reason to read. it's really quite scary to look back at old photos and see just how obsessed i was (i had a bsc themed 8th birthday party). i have the video or something somewhere, from memory it wasnt all that great.

i sort of remember abby...not too clearly though, for some reason i think of her in conjunction with stacey. maybe because they both had something wrong with them. does anyone remember the book where the papadakis (sp?) family adopts that demon child called lou or something? that was my fave for a long time, i still have it. chucked most of the rest though. i remember i almost cried when claudias grandma died. if i read it now i would probably laugh. i think i sort of stopped reading them once i was about 11 or 12. partly because they were too simple and partly because now that i was their (the bsc'ers) approximate age i realised how unrealistic they were and went off them.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i used to LOVE these books! i'm pretty sure i only had the little sister ones though..
i had a baby sitters club self thing that came with one of the books and i can still remember the day i had bought enough books to fill up the entire shelf, i was so proud :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hahah i remember i dressed up as claudia in yr1 for our annual book parade... oh no wait, it was kristy! back then i hadn't started reading BSC yet, and i had a yellow shirt so dad painted "I'M THE BIG SISTER" on it (if anyone can remember the book where karen was jealous of her adopted sister and kristy made "sister" shirts for them all)

my cousin handed down all her bsc books to me, and when a family friend moved to the US, i got her books too... i probably only bought about five or six of them! but yeah, my reading skills were way above the rest of the class thanks to those books, though i started to spell mum as "mom" :p

i think i might still have the dodgy BSC necklace from that superspecial, "the babysitters' remember" or something... hahaha!!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was Kristy in one of my book parades too. I think I just put my hair up in one of those side ponytails that were the fashion back then. That was the year after I dressed as the Toad from Wind in the Willows :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)