IF YOU WANT TO DO MEDICINE: (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
You sure they still do it as part of their med degree? Pretty sure it's got its own course nowadays and all universities only use prosections for the purposes of medical teaching
Ah probably not. They do offer it though - although it doesn't look compulsory by any means.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
You sure they still do it as part of their med degree? Pretty sure it's got its own course nowadays and all universities only use prosections for the purposes of medical teaching
How long ago did this happen?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Tbf I feel like they shouldn't really have the diseased cadavers laying around anat labs, it's unhygienic af

If it's a tumour or something it's okay but like liver cirrhosis is that really necessary when we are trying to look at normal specimens

bangladesh

HSC
How long ago did this happen?
It's been more of a transitional process as universities changed from dissections to prosecutions mostly due to cost I think and maybe lack of donated bodies..

bangladesh

HSC
Tbf I feel like they shouldn't really have the diseased cadavers laying around anat labs, it's unhygienic af

If it's a tumour or something it's okay but like liver cirrhosis is that really necessary when we are trying to look at normal specimens
Lol how is it 'unhygienic af'.. Universities can't force people to donate their bodies so they're left with what they have got left and I'm pretty sure all bodies undergo testing for certain viral and bacterial illnesses before they are used

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad

You can't "catch" liver cirrhosis by contact. You also won't catch diseases from cadavers unless you did something really stupid.

I will point out that wet labs are a thing but you will NOT be dissecting humans at an Australian medical school. You will use pre prosected specimens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)