• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If you were to fail term 1 of yr 12, could you redeem yourself and still get a 95 atar? (1 Viewer)

v.tex

HSC
Just out of curiosity, If someone was ranked bottom in every single class they did in yr 12 but then absolutely cooked for the rest of the year, could they potentially still get a 95+ ATAR??

wollongong warrior

HSC
No one knows the cohort strength and how hard the internals are
if you go to ruse, rank bottom and redeem yourself later, getting 95+ is piss easy
Some rural, no name school that give out 100s however? Who knows what could happen

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity, If someone was ranked bottom in every single class they did in yr 12 but then absolutely cooked for the rest of the year, could they potentially still get a 95+ ATAR??
As a qualified English teacher I would advise that you do your best and keep focused and never let anyone tell you that you can’t manage anything because if you work hard you will achieve your best results. For some a 95+ ATAR might be a bridge too far so aim for lower and set 95 as the highest goal but aim initially for 84-90 and you can get there. Don’t aim for something you may not be able to achieve, even if this is not what necessarily everyone’s viewpoint. You should aim to improve every time and set attainable goals first then maybe one which is a bit higher which would be nice but everything would need to go right. Often ATARS are not a true reflection of your skills so it’s important to achieve your best each time and if it’s not good enough then so be it. You know you gave it everything and no one could ask for more

Last edited:

spiderfan44

HSC
depends on your schools rank. also going from doing really really poorly for the first term then doing a 180 and suddenly becoming really really motivated and topping your subjects and getting a 95 is uncommon id say, possible but i wouldnt bet on it as a strategy. i noticed a lot of people in my school would get shit results, get really hyped and try do better, then stop putting in effort after 3 weeks.

if you get shit results in the first term though dont give up. there is a possibility of you getting that 95 and if you dont try youll just be left with regrets. just keep going and try improve from that initial assessment feedback

Last edited:

igor9

HSC
big talk from an english std student. don't try discourage the youth, anything is possible bawg go get that 95+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)