If your explorer.exe gets hijacked by "IE Critical Update Needed". (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captian

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's explained here as well but the problem is different:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/258588-explorer-exe-hijacked-infected.html

If you tried to access any folder when going through 'My Computer' and suddenly you've received a 'Critical Error' message and regardless whether you click Yes or No you would be directed to this website titled "IE Critical Update Needed":
http://free-viruscan.com/id/4912933/4/1/

To get rid of it first download HijackThis from:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis

HijackThis™ is a free utility which quickly scans your Windows computer to find settings that may have been changed by spyware, malware or other unwanted programs. HijackThis creates a report, or log file, with the results of the scan.
IMPORTANT: HijackThis does not determine what is good or bad. Do not make any changes to your computer settings unless you are an expert computer user.
Advanced users can use HijackThis to remove unwanted settings or files.
Once you have downloaded HijackThis, install then open it then select 'Do a system scan and save a log file' or 'Do a system scan only' (your choice).
Find a string that looks like: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEXFIL~1.DLL"
e.g.
"O2 - BHO: BHO.ext2 - {401F4B6B-3C36-4E8D-BC07-F46FC6D67D9A} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEXFIL~1.DLL"
(The order may be different so it may not be O2)

Then click on 'Fix check' to rid this once and for all.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
HijackThis™

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Except explorer.exe isn't IE...........
Explorer.exe is tied into the iexplorer.exe process (good fucking thinking Microsoft), and moreover browser hijacks are about 1000 times rarer on Firefox.

A High Way Man said:
firefox is shit if you have a nasty addiction to opening new tabs and forgetting to close them
i have like 150 tabs open and the memory usage is like 300-400mb
Everyone has a tab addiction, but most people, you know, close them eventually. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Firefox 3 has the best memory management out there - after a certain point, the memory usage becomes constant.

Internet Explorer has the worst. Surprised, anybody?

Evilo

HSC
A High Way Man said:
firefox is shit if you have a nasty addiction to opening new tabs and forgetting to close them
i found the problem. Solution: close tabs when no longer needed.

Also, do you think 150 windows would be better on CPU?

Evilo

HSC
A High Way Man said:
uhhh.. IE7+ has tabs

and yeah, i know all about firefoxs' improved memory management (jemalloc anyone?) .. but it still effin lags.
150 tabs, just close them

Slidey said:
and moreover browser hijacks are about 1000 times rarer on Firefox.
+1

I know which one i'd choose.

HSC
A High Way Man said:
Get more ram? How old is your computer, 12 years? lol. Anyway, Firefox 3 is proven to use less ram than Opera 9.5 and IE 8, so there.

JUSTINISANGLO

HSC
I actually feel physically ill every time I have to use internet exploder 7, a good mate of mine hates firefox and everything that isn't windows and it doesn't make any fucking sense. WHY WOULD YOU THINK LIKE THAT.

FIREFOX HAS ADBLOCK AND GREASMONKEY AND FAST AS SHIT GOING POWERS. PEW PEW PEW.

Even on a mac I use it over Safari [Which is awesome, but doesn't have any addons or cool shit]

FIRE FOXXXXXXXXXXX

HSC
JUSTINISANGLO said:
I actually feel physically ill every time I have to use internet exploder 7, a good mate of mine hates firefox and everything that isn't windows and it doesn't make any fucking sense. WHY WOULD YOU THINK LIKE THAT.
More importantly, why would you be friends with someone like that?

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
What i dont understand is why anyone would us Failfox or Ie. they both suck a hairy pair of balls compared to opera.
Two Simple words (other than "fucking domination")
Opera.com said:
Speed Dial

Typing addresses for sites you visit frequently is ineffective. Get your favorite Web page with just one click. Speed Dial is a set of visual bookmarks you see when you open a new tab, like a dashboard for your online life. To add a new page, simply click on an empty Speed Dial and Opera will make suggestions based on browsing history and bookmarks.

HSC
Ever heard of the bookmark toolbar? You don't even need to open any tabs to use them, just one click and you're there.

If this is how far behind Opera is to firefox, I laugh at you.

Opera is a shit browser anyway, it's not even open source - how pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)