"i'll get back to ya" (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
if u ask someone out and they say "i'll get back to ya" is this like aka NO or a serious thought attempt...??

please explain for me:)
I wouldn't waste my time waiting around for someone who says that.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
If by saying "I'll get back to you", he actually wanted to have a think about whether or not he should begin a relationship with her, then he's not a shallow prick.

Average-looking people are taken because they are fun to be around, and gorgeous people are rejected for being unpleasant and rude.

If you're going for the "I only go out with hot girls" rule, then the idea of real relationships won't make any sense.

I have not read that book before.....

"What Ugly People Say"

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Loz#1 said:
I wouldn't waste my time waiting around for someone who says that.
ditto.
If they say that, it means they dont know what they want and possibly sussing out other possibilities and potentials to see if they are wasting their time with you. If they liked you they'd say yes when asked.

That said, who gets "asked out" anyway. As in asking to go out somewhere yes but that doesnt mean you are in a relationship, a relationship develops when you start seeing eachother and what not, its not like "will you be my girlfriend" or "will you go out with me?" if someone asked me that id be like "yeah sounds good where do you want to go?" and then go from there. If you have a good time, sense potential, you do it again and eventually it will be that you are in a relationship. I dont think a relationship can just go from being non-existant to existant from one answer. Going from being friends/acquaintances to kissing and hugging and holding eachother, just wouldnt feel right. I prefer it when it develops.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Malazn Pleasure said:
I have not read that book before.....

"What Ugly People Say"
Ouch!

You know what? I knew you were going to say just as soon as I clicked "Submit Reply". I'd rather be ugly than blatantly predictable. ;)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
AsyLum said:
Too bad you're both :)
Awww, that's about the nicest thing you've ever said. :)

I'm curious, why exactly are you so eager on slandering me for so many of my posts that don't concern you?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Ouch!

You know what? I knew you were going to say just as soon as I clicked "Submit Reply". I'd rather be ugly than blatantly predictable. ;)

hmmm then i guess ur unpredictably ugly.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
Awww, that's about the nicest thing you've ever said. :)
No probs dear

*trudges back into troll mode*

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
i dont really care

come to think of it, u should change ur name from Dreamerish to NightMare

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Malazn Pleasure said:
i dont really care

come to think of it, u should change ur name from Dreamerish to NightMare
What gave you the impression that I did?

You're about as funny as you are attractive. (I'm talking about the interior, not chucking a Malazn Pleasure and making assumptions about the appearance of someone I've never met)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
You tell him, Dreamerish! Although you can't really balme him for being such an ass, he's probably had his brain degenerated from watching too many american soapies.

Project

Permanently Confuddled
HSC
In this situation

Been visiting BoS for a while, but never posted. Didn't know there was a 'Love & Relationship' board till just now (haven't really browsed the site :p). Anyway, I guess my situation warrants a postie :).

Basically, I've never been in a relationship/been kissed etc.
Told this girl I like her a little over 2 months ago, and at the time she said she was really busy, was flattered but for now wanted to keep things the way they were (she's in year 11, I've got HSC in 3 weeks :(). We still chat and stuff, but the subject's never come up again, and I'm kinda shy to raise it again.

Advice? Is there a good way of bringing it up without sounding desperate? Thanks.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i remember the first time i got asked out
i said 'ummm....can i think about it?'..and 'i'll get back to ya'
which led to an eventual no after a few days of 'thinking about it"..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No.

Raising it up makes you sound desperate. Make a few moves to remind her of your presence. If she doesnt take the bait. Move on.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Well, she actually might be busy because of the HSC, however she could of just said yes but then said i have to study heaps.

wait for dreamerish but then again dont listen to her

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Project said:
Been visiting BoS for a while, but never posted. Didn't know there was a 'Love & Relationship' board till just now (haven't really browsed the site :p). Anyway, I guess my situation warrants a postie :).

Basically, I've never been in a relationship/been kissed etc.
Told this girl I like her a little over 2 months ago, and at the time she said she was really busy, was flattered but for now wanted to keep things the way they were. We still chat and stuff, but the subject's never come up again, and I'm kinda shy to raise it again.

Advice? Is there a good way of bringing it up without sounding desperate? Thanks.
She'll raise it again if she wants anything to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)