Illegal related material? (1 Viewer)

rei-10

HSC
I'm currently doing Romulus as my prescribed text.
In a previous in class assessment i used a peter sckyrznecki poem "migrant hostel" as one of my related texts in an essay.

I just found out its a prescribed text for other schools. Am I still allowed to use it as a related text in the CSSA paper 1 trial tomorrow?

HSC
i believe its ok as long as you dont study it
i used martin luther kings speech as a related text last year and it was all good

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm fairly sure you're not allowed to use any texts on the HSC syllabus - under any course, however, especially those which are in the SAME MODULE!

Kermallyte

HSC
defiantly not.. you can't use skrzynecki unless its YOUR prescribed text
it looks bad too.. it shows that you cant do your own research on the subject

Last edited:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I'm fairly sure you're not allowed to use any texts on the HSC syllabus - under any course, however, especially those which are in the SAME MODULE!
Surely you could use a drama text as a related material if you don't study it as a subject right?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I was referring to English. But I'm not sure. Didn't even know Drama had texts. :p

-xDan

HSC
Err, My mate was doing the great gatsby. my teacher recommended to change but he said something along the lines "not in the spirit of the hsc" Lol. So i think its acceptable however not desired?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)