Illness during exams (1 Viewer)

in3rtia

HSC
So today when I woke up I felt so sick. I had a fever, headache, felt dizzy and I had a really sore throat.

However, I still went to the english paper 2 exams and told the presiding officer my situation and she gave me an illness/misadventure appeal form. I have the form filled out, have doctors certificate with it (just incase you are wondering, I have a combination of Pharyngitis and conjuctavitis) but I am curious on how the appeal form actually works.

Do they just use my assessment mark? If so then what if I got better in the exam then I did with my assessment mark?

groovychacha

HSC
i think if ur exam mark is higher u get that mark, if ur assessment mark is higher they adjust ur mark somehow but not all that clear on it...

HSC
i thought they just took it into consideration while marking.
Not really sure.... =/ you should ask one of your teachers if you are still curious :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
I think they just give you your assessment mark as your exam mark. Unless your exam mark is higher than your assessment mark, in which case they just use that too.

I was sick during 2 of mine exams.

Hoping my misadventure goes through. Does anyone know how they determine whether to accept it or not? Do they generally accept misadventures as long as you have a valid reason?

bahhh

HSC
Yeah I think you just get your assessment mark and that's it.. As for how the system works, I'm sure they just accept everything with a valid medical certificate as long it makes sense, such as "stomache ache" or "flue" etc... But I mean unless you have "broken nail" or something everything with a medical certificate will be accepted.. Because we all know what impact the media can have *cough* Mt Druitt *cough* and if they declined anyone who was actually ill they could go straight to the media and give the BoS so much crap. So yeah you'll definately be approved and just recieve your assessment mark. = ]

kloudsurfer

HSC
Ah ok. Thanks

Thats a relief, Ive been freaking out that mine wont go through, because I went terribly in chem and modern because i was sick the entire week!

ConjOB

HSC
I had to fill out one of those aswell, ive been told by my mum who talked to the principal that the presiding officer takes notes of you during ur test (i told her before i started i was sick). It really sucks i had 5 day gap between my last exam and i couldve nailed it with 5 days of study, but instead i got majorly sick nd didnt leave my bed, and couldnt eat for 3 days leading upto my exam cause it was so painful:eek:

kloudsurfer

HSC
Ive got a question,

So they use your assessment mark as your exam mark? Is it your moderated assessment mark that they use or the assessment mark your school sends in? Someone told me that its the raw assessment mark but it seems more logical that it would be the moderated mark...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Sit the exam anyway.
The supervisors will file a report taking into account your condition.
It's not worth taking chances not to sit the exam only to have your doctor's certificate rejected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)