Illness help please ? (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

Hi there :)
One of my friends was extremely unwell during modern today. She only managed to complete section one and a paragraph for section II. She has an extremely bad virus and is very unwell. She also has ext history on Thursday, but were not sure if she will be well enough to do it by then. She went to the doctor as soon as she left the exam and her mum has brought the medical cert. to school already.

Okay, so were wondering how they determine her marks for both (assuming she doesn't sit ext). Her ranks are 3/12 in Modern and 2/4 in ext if that is of any use. Does she get a mark based on her internal results, or is it based on how the rest of our class got? Shes rather nervous because she only does 11 units and needs to do pretty well.

Also, do you think her illness appeal is likely to be upheld. I mean, she was realllly sick in the middle of the exam and the supervisors (well, all of us) were well aware.

Thank you for your help :3

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If the supervisors knew and it was a legit virus I cannot see a reason why it wouldn't be upheld

D94

HSC
N/A
Her mark will be based on how the class goes. She will be taken out of the moderation process, and then later placed between 2nd and 3rd rank, keeping in mind the proportional gap of her rank compared to 2nd and 4th at school (if that made sense). So basically, if you guys stuff up, she's going to get a low mark as well. She will then get a final HSC mark solely on her moderated assessment mark.

She should be successful with the illness/misadventure.

M

MichelleV

Thank you both for your help. She'll be very glad to hear she's not going to get a horrific mark for modern ; Our class all think we did well :)

I'm going to have to try a lot harder for ext now D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)