illness/misadventure (1 Viewer)

evche

HSC
Economics is tomorrow at 1:55. Problem is, ive been struck down with some sort of cold/flu, my nose is completley blocked, i cough like crazy and my sinuses are screaming for relief. On top of that, my wisdom tooth is coming out, causing my glands to swell, severe migraines and jaw pain.
What would be your suggestions? Does this merit illness/misadventure? (i can barley concentrate!)

Cerry

HSC
As long as you've got a medical certificate, it will. If you can't get one before the exam, then go to the exam tomorrow, tell them that you're sick, and get a certificate after the exam.
I was having similar problems with my wisdom teeth, and I took Mercyndol, which has codine (I think, definitely something that's not paracetemol) in it, and it really helped. Neurofen would probably also work. Not sure if it'll do anything for the migrane though.

o7nesss

Behind that Tree
HSC
go to the docs...and ask them to like...reference you...like get a docs certificate and all that...
and if you can just go to your exam...and tell the superviser person your not feeling well...and they'll write to the BOS thatyou werent feeling well and yea, they'll see by your exam mark if theres a difference between your exam mark and your internal school assessment mark
if you cant get out of bed...or anything just call your school up and ask them what you should do...and what you need if you cant go...eg doc. cert.
i think if this happens they just get your assessment mark or somthing...

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
get a doctors certificate or whatever its called. id say apply for misadventure - if its not approved well u havent lost anything by trying. apart from that, go to a chemist and rest up

evche

HSC
I was having similar problems with my wisdom teeth, and I took Mercyndol, which has codine (I think, definitely something that's not paracetemol) in it, and it really helped. Neurofen would probably also work. Not sure if it'll do anything for the migrane though.

im on medication atm that stops me from taking anything blood thinning (asprin etc.)
im not so sure about codine...

damn economics. my last serious exam too!

henry08

HSC
N/A
Try oxycodeine, aka 'hillbilly heroin' - it is a morphine drug a doctor can presibe to you for severe pain, including tooth ache

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)