I'm absolutely destoyed (1 Viewer)

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
I haven't been good in maths for my whole life... and the trials proves the same too... I failed and only got 40....

I am very good at humanities and I'm ranked 1 for nearly all of the subjects, but what I should I do with maths.... I want to do well, but it seems that my marks and ranks are so screwed that I should drop maths...

I'm perhaps ranked in the bottom 10% of my grade... and I'm currently doing 12 UNITS...

Sighs.. advices please

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Your HSC is in like a couple of weeks, honestly there is not point imo.

enoilgam

HSC
There isnt much you can do at this point. I wouldnt worry about it or study for it considering that you have 12 units.

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
Thanks...

I'm actually okay at maths, but I never find the right way to study it... sighs

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
not couple, it's more like 7 weeks until the maths exam. Dw your not the only one, there are thousands of students across the state right now thinking the same thing. hang in there and finish it off on a positive note. Even if you do poorly in it it won't count. you have 12 units. only 2 units of English count + your 8 other best units.

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
I'm just wondering if it'd be possible for me to still get a band 5, if I train and coach myself to the mechanics of questions 1-8..

I'm sure that the whole school would work hard and perform well in the exam as it's the one that count.. Sighs. I guess I'm just much better in humanities and not maths and sciences.

HSC
brah u rnt very good at maths if you get 40% even with little study just dont worry about it, it isnt going to be counted

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop it. It won't count towards your ATAR and by dropping it you wont have to worry about it and can concentrate on your other subjects. You also avoid having it appear on your HSC record of achievement.

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
I haven't been good in maths for my whole life... and the trials proves the same too... I failed and only got 40....

I am very good at humanities and I'm ranked 1 for nearly all of the subjects, but what I should I do with maths.... I want to do well, but it seems that my marks and ranks are so screwed that I should drop maths...

I'm perhaps ranked in the bottom 10% of my grade... and I'm currently doing 12 UNITS...

Sighs.. advices please
haha you're screwed. hello granville tafe

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Drop it. It won't count towards your ATAR and by dropping it you wont have to worry about it and can concentrate on your other subjects. You also avoid having it appear on your HSC record of achievement.
Yeah, it'll look pretty fail on your record.

mangoz

HSC
Please check before you comment. No it is not in a few weeks. I know you're a year 11 so next time do a check before you comment lol.

jack93

HSC
don't drop it but don't put any effort into it, it will probably count as your worst subject and be exluded from your atar, but if... by some freak of nature, you do well in the hsc exam for maths, then there's a tiny possibility that this will be beneficial

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
But wait

Which maths is this? If it's MX1 or MX2 keep it obvs because it scales up heaps

M

maths_is_easy

Yeah, it'll look pretty fail on your record.
It already is a fail on the record.

Think about it , if an employer sees a really bad result for maths in the half year report but maths doesn't show up on the hsc certificate then anyone with logic (anyone who passed maths!) will realise they dropped (and why they dropped it).

Who will hire someone that can't even do 2unit maths?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It already is a fail on the record.

Think about it , if an employer sees a really bad result for maths in the half year report but maths doesn't show up on the hsc certificate then anyone with logic (anyone who passed maths!) will realise they dropped (and why they dropped it).

Who will hire someone that can't even do 2unit maths?
Who looks at results for half year reports?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)