• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

im aiming for high 80's early 90's UAI...will goin average in one test screw me ova (1 Viewer)

mad444

HSC
i want a UAI of early 90s...howeva i really think i am goin to only go average in my modern exam cos we are so far behind and my teacher is extremely crap...i know its hard to predict UAI's but will this screw up my aim/
wat do u guys think?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
what on earth is average? you mean like, in the state?

The thing is, you may get 82 in your HSC exam, but if a lot of people got 82 in their exam, then obviously that shall be the average and will throw your UAI in a different area. Do you get what I'm saying? It's not as easy as an "average"

by average, you mean "not as well as you hoped for", then it really depends on how well you do in your other subjects. It's okay, you shouldn't be stressing heaps.

If you're saying this because there is one subject that you're not as good at compared to your other subjects, well, you're on holidays... try doing some practice essays or go through your notes, you still have time...

all you can really do is your best :)

mad444

HSC
thanx that kinda makes me feel betta... so u know if u can apply for misadventure for having a crap teacher?

mad444

HSC
im goin okay in assesments but my teacher marks really easliy...and we havent even finished our second chapter on germany...like we have all of vietnam to do and we havent started yet...my teacher hasnt mentioned the HSC exam once this whole year!!!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mad444 said:
thanx that kinda makes me feel betta... so u know if u can apply for misadventure for having a crap teacher?
sorry i didnt even read the fact that you had a crap teacher, i just read the first bit and i'm just so use to that kind of question....

no you can't but its best if you talk to your principal for your concern... not to dob your teacher in, but say you're worried that you're not getting the most you can to do your best, something about your HSC performance and how concerned you are, and that you want to do better etc.

Exchange notes with your peers. Don't think too much about competition, the thing is, the better your class does, the better EVERYONE in your class does...

plus you can always just look at the syllabus and do your own research. or even, take stand. ask a question about something referring to the syllabus during class.... we did that when we had a shit teacher, it was grand.

mad444

HSC
ok ...can i ask if u guiys have finished ur topics yet? or how much u have done...i was talkin to somone today and they had said they had done al thier topics... that kinda freaked me out

mad444

HSC
lol thanx any way...so wat u did ur HSC last yr then?
if u did..ur exam for modern was ace...not fair...i reckon this one (for all subjects) is gonna be a shocker..last yrs was just too good!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i got band 6's band 5's for my hsc marks

low eighties

didnt do modern you see.

mad444

HSC
how did u get it remarked????

so u both got in the 80's for your UAI's with band 5 and 6's
geez how the hell do u get in the god dam 90s~!!!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mad444 said:
how did u get it remarked????

so u both got in the 80's for your UAI's with band 5 and 6's
geez how the hell do u get in the god dam 90s~!!!
different subjects scale differently. see SAM and the UAI help section of this forum. for example, eng adv scales only minimally but ext 2 maths and latin very well.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
mad444 said:
ok ...can i ask if u guiys have finished ur topics yet? or how much u have done...i was talkin to somone today and they had said they had done al thier topics... that kinda freaked me out
were not finished yet. we prob wont be until the day before the exam!
our teacher is slow as!
dont worry about it too much
is mdern scaled up or down?

rama_v

HSC
suger_plum said:
were not finished yet. we prob wont be until the day before the exam!
our teacher is slow as!
dont worry about it too much
is mdern scaled up or down?
Modern is generally scaled up slightly (about +2)

rama_v

HSC
bitchgirl said:
so if you do crap in some of your hsc and the marks you got isnt fair, can u really get it remarked??
no, they will never remark an exam for you, the only thing they will do is to check if all the sections have been marked and the total has been added correctly

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
playboy2njoy said:
bullshit, you can appeal marks to your principal for a remarking from a different teacher if needed. if they didnt let you appeal, then they would be in trouble as the board stipulates that students are able to appeal any mark received in the case of any misadventure
Yeah thats internal assesment. You cant get external exams remarked though

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Argonaut said:
To get in the 90's you'll need to make the Honour Roll (Band 6s) in most of your subjects. Unfortunately, I only did it in one.
I barely got band6 for one subject with everything else around 85 and ended up with >95

rama_v

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
bullshit, you can appeal marks to your principal for a remarking from a different teacher if needed. if they didnt let you appeal, then they would be in trouble as the board stipulates that students are able to appeal any mark received in the case of any misadventure
I was referring to the hsc, not the trial exams. teh hsc is never remarked.

locachika87

Iron said:
I barely got band6 for one subject with everything else around 85 and ended up with >95
How did u do that????
Wot subjects did u do?
I would be sooooo happy if i could get that!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)