im changing my degree (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i hate law with every fibre of my being
i have to go see the dean next week sometime and ask for a transfer from communications media studies/law
to
communications media studies film and screen studies/ bachelor of arts in history
be happy for me,

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
As long as you're doing ok in all your subjects, you should be fine. Thomas Musgrave is the person to talk to, and then he'll probably tell you to talk to the sub-dean of the other faculty. I recently tried to go from the LLB/BMedSc program into the LLB/BA program, but was basically told to fuck off because I was failing some med science subjects - which was the reason I wanted to transfer in the first place. They want a credit average for most transfers, from memory.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
yo, is this transferring mid-year!?! I thought UAI is the only thing they look at and not your grades!

santaslayer

HSC
I sense that some people are e-stalking AtticusFinch because a lot of people are posting in the UoW forums who have never ever posted in here before. All under AtticusF's thread. AF you must be pretty popular. :p

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
santaslayer said:
I sense that some people are e-stalking AtticusFinch because a lot of people are posting in the UoW forums who have never ever posted in here before. All under AtticusF's thread. AF you must be pretty popular. :p
haha yeh i was kinda hoping for a response from you santaslayer...
but all other help is welcome...
and yes tulipa is my favourite american

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
noneother said:
yo, is this transferring mid-year!?! I thought UAI is the only thing they look at and not your grades!
thats what i thought... considering im dropping from a 92 uai course to a 77 one...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
UAI means sfa when it comes to transferring at UOW. As long as you have a credit average and you're moving 'down' the course chain, then you shouldn't have any problems. It's quite easy to move into an arts course here the way UOW runs its system.

Just make an appointment, get your academic transcript printout from admin and fill out the right forms and you should be set.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
It's quite easy to move into an arts course here the way UOW runs its system.
I remember with a high UAI and a HD average, moving into Arts was painfully difficult for me. :(

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Raiks said:
UAI means sfa when it comes to transferring at UOW. As long as you have a credit average and you're moving 'down' the course chain, then you shouldn't have any problems. It's quite easy to move into an arts course here the way UOW runs its system.

Just make an appointment, get your academic transcript printout from admin and fill out the right forms and you should be set.
well im not doing so well at law.
one of the subjects is is pass/fail and i passed but llb100 im sitting on a low pass.
will this be any trouble?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Miss Wendy said:
I'm tempted to drop out of the Communications course, if only to avoid doing this essay.
are we not avoiding it right now wendy?
see you at 3.00 when we hand it in!!!
it is 3 right?

Scanorama

HSC
Hey i wanna to change my degree from Computer Science to Eviornmental Science hopefully next session. Im pretty confident I will pass all 4 subjects im doing this semester, does anyone know what will they look at? Thanks :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
I remember with a high UAI and a HD average, moving into Arts was painfully difficult for me. :(
Yes tim, it was painfully difficult for you, mostly because you were being painfully difficult for them by requesting a transfer into a double degree which didn't exist at the time... :D

And Atticus, it shouldn't be a problem, all you do when you see the arts subdean is say 'I really didn't like law and only did it because I managed the marks to get into the course. I've decided that I want to do an arts degree because I am genuinely interested in that particular major and I want to do something that I have a passion for'... that will get you into nearly any degree.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Raiks said:
Yes tim, it was painfully difficult for you, mostly because you were being painfully difficult for them by requesting a transfer into a double degree which didn't exist at the time... :D

And Atticus, it shouldn't be a problem, all you do when you see the arts subdean is say 'I really didn't like law and only did it because I managed the marks to get into the course. I've decided that I want to do an arts degree because I am genuinely interested in that particular major and I want to do something that I have a passion for'... that will get you into nearly any degree.
thanks raiks. come see me at uni bar. ill buy you a beer, or two

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
thanks raiks. come see me at uni bar. ill buy you a beer, or two
I'm always at the unibar... I practically live there while I'm at uni.

Maybe next semester :D I'm a bit busy with exams and travel for the next month and a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)