I'm confused about the synopsis ? (1 Viewer)

ktvu

HSC
N/A
Hey, i discovered a few days back that i need a synopsis. okay, so my topic is Women in French Empire - changing roles, social expectations etc.

Synopsis is a brief outline of your topic right? I have an introduction - is that the synopsis? and where in the essay do i put it in?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey, i discovered a few days back that i need a synopsis. okay, so my topic is Women in French Empire - changing roles, social expectations etc.

Synopsis is a brief outline of your topic right? I have an introduction - is that the synopsis? and where in the essay do i put it in?

The Synopsis is more than the introduction to the essay and preceeds the actual essay.

The instructions for the Synopsis is on the BOS website in the syllabus.

Your teacher should also have given you these instructions in the assessment information for this task.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
As Cem said, it's basically an introduction to your essay, about 300 words long. What follows it what the Board of studies says in regards to the essay:

The Essay
The essay should contain:

synopsis
– this will be a brief description (300 words) on the development of the precise question that provides the focus of the essay; the ways the essay addresses the precise question; the content used in the essay and why it was included.

essay
– the essay is an argument in response to a precise question with evidence in support, the sources of which are acknowledged. It will be in written form and may be accompanied by appropriate graphic texts only as appendices (apart from short explanatory captions). The essay must not exceed 2,500 words. The essay should contain material from a range of perspectives, including the student’s own views. A consistent system of referencing should be used to acknowledge the use of sources.

The Bibliography
The bibliography should contain:
• a consistently formatted alphabetical list of all sources used within the project
• evaluation of three of these sources. The reviews should:
– be selected for the three most valuable sources used in the history project
– not exceed 600 words in total
– explain the strengths and weaknesses of each source, considering its usefulness and reliability and the reasons it was valuable to the project and the central argument of the essay.

The Process Log
The process log should contain:
• description of procedures
• log of sequential development of the topic
• record of major decisions of the project
• review: cumulative self, peer and teacher evaluation of the project and record of interviews.

ktvu

HSC
N/A
okay, thankyou so much for the help you guys... i dont think my teacher actually explained about the synopsis :( good to know now than later i guess :) THANKS

Mr L

HSC
N/A
Your synopsis should also include what you shall hope to achieve in your conclusion, for example "Following an intrinsic and indepth analysis of the opinions offered a final evaluation was synthesised, summarising the causes of the American Civil War and identifying its most pivotal and significant origins."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)