I'm curious about my prospects (1 Viewer)

Jezeze

HSC
Hey, I know, there's tons of these questions here - but how do I determine how I'm likely to go in the HSC?

I'm ranked first in every subject, but most of my classes are pretty small. (Eg, my Extension Maths class has only 2 people...)

Also, in my sciences (Chem and Physics) there's a large gap between me and the next person in the rankings.

Does that affect me at all?

And, I was asking a teacher at the other high school of my town, and he said that because of my subjects I would only have to achieve like I did in my trials to get a UAI over 92. I want a UAI of at least 97, but I don't know if I'm capable of getting it.

My trial results are similar to this (I can't remember the exact results off the top of my head):

Advanced English: 92
Extension Maths: 86
2 Unit Maths: 92
Chemistry: 71
Physics: 70
IPT: 76

My rankings are, as I said, all first in the class. Any ideas to help me here?

T

Testpilot

I would've said you'd get a UAI in the high 80s. You need to improve your Chemistry and Physics marks. I wouldn't study heaps for IPT because its likely to scale the worst out of your subjects. Bring Physics/Chemistry up to the mid 80s and keep other marks the same and you should score mid 90s.

EDIT: If your ranked one, the size of the gap doesn't matter.

dbevis

HSC
regardless of any estimates if you want 97 your going to have to work hard in these last 5 weeks no mater how you have gone so far so just give it your best and see what you get. :)

williamc

HSC
Ranked first in everything means those marks don't matter. You can go on now for 100UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)