I'm curious. (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I'm dropping Chemistry and picking up History Extension + Maths Extension 2.

school rank: top 40-50

English Standard: 3/95
Mathematics: 2/120
Mathematics Extension 1: 2/90
Ancient history: 2/50
Economics: 5/40
Studies of Religion: 15/80
Chemistry: 52/70

Thank you.

Finx

HSC
If you keep it up you're looking at 98+

I'm not 100% sure how standard english will scale for you, but with a high rank like that, I doubt it will drag you down too much.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hell, depending on how you go in MXT2 and standard english, you could be looking at 99+ :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
thanks guys. I guess I'm looking at 97 at this stage. well, I got my Yearly English back and I came 2nd in it, constituting a rank of 1st overall (as 1st and 2nd bombed out by 20% in this exam!) whoppee!! I'm confident that I will get a high Band 5 in English Standard. :p

I'm aiming to come 1st in everything next year :D (save History Extension and Economics)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Also, in top schools, kids that come first in Yr 11 rarely do the same in Yr 12. They drop.

shady145

Banned
HSC
thanks guys. I guess I'm looking at 97 at this stage. well, I got my Yearly English back and I came 2nd in it, constituting a rank of 1st overall (as 1st and 2nd bombed out by 20% in this exam!) whoppee!! I'm confident that I will get a high Band 5 in English Standard. :p

I'm aiming to come 1st in everything next year :D (save History Extension and Economics)
come one, get a band 6.... my school rank = 453 and im aiming for band 6, righgt now comfortably getting high band 5's to low b 6's
im sure u can do it

kwabon

Banned
HSC
I'm dropping Chemistry and picking up History Extension + Maths Extension 2.

school rank: top 40-50

English Standard: 3/95
Mathematics: 2/120
Mathematics Extension 1: 2/90
Ancient history: 2/50
Economics: 5/40
Studies of Religion: 15/80
Chemistry: 52/70

Thank you.
dude you know what? ask your principle that you can move up to advance, since you came first, they are bound to give you a chance at standard, if you do take advance english, prolly bound to get a band 5/ 6 in it, depending on how you go in extension 2, u can be looking at 99.5+.

good luck

marts

HSC
with marks like that in history and economics, it's a shame you didnt choose adv english.
you cant do well in those subjects unless you can write.
Writing in these subjects is completely different to writing in english just because you are good at hisory, eco, legal ect it doesn't mean you are good at english

waller

HSC
Also, in top schools, kids that come first in Yr 11 rarely do the same in Yr 12. They drop.
haha really?

At my school I honestly can't imagine anyone shooting up in the ranks next year.. the kids doing good will continue to do good but the ones who didn't care are unlikely to start caring. fail school lol

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
haha really?

At my school I honestly can't imagine anyone shooting up in the ranks next year.. the kids doing good will continue to do good but the ones who didn't care are unlikely to start caring. fail school lol
at my school, that will definitely be me :D

Writing in these subjects is completely different to writing in english just because you are good at hisory, eco, legal ect it doesn't mean you are good at english
yeah I agree, esp with the differing structure

dude you know what? ask your principle that you can move up to advance, since you came first, they are bound to give you a chance at standard, if you do take advance english, prolly bound to get a band 5/ 6 in it, depending on how you go in extension 2, u can be looking at 99.5+.

good luck
Thanks mate. I tried asking. They said they will move me up depending on my results in the yearly. I think I'll ask tomorrow. After all, the head teacher made a promise ;)
come one, get a band 6.... my school rank = 453 and im aiming for band 6, righgt now comfortably getting high band 5's to low b 6's
im sure u can do it
okay. I'm aiming for Band 6 :lol: however, the top mark in Standard at my school in recent years has only been around 88. :cold: (pretty close to Band 6 i guess)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I disagree. Whilst it is true that the subject matter and overall format requirements between the subjects may be different, being able to take ideas and expertly turn them into words on a page is universal. If you are capable of adapting your writing style between history and economics, for example, then one would presume you would also be able to do the same in english. English in the HSC really is not about the novels, poems, plays or films you study. It is about looking at a text, finding what is being said, how it is being said and being able to take all that information and tell somebody else that you know. It is the same in history or economics - you look at information, you see what is being said, weigh up various aspects like reliability and relevance and you put what you deduce on a page for somebody else to read.

q3thefish

HSC
Agreed. Also, people you think that are heaps crap will probs come through as dark stallions and fully pwn most.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Agreed. Also, people you think that are heaps crap will probs come through as dark stallions and fully pwn most.
so true. There's this girl in our school who used to be above average but not like excellent. Now she's coming first in everything. hmm.. but who knows? she might burn out and fall... we'll just have to wait an' see... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)