Im freaking out here... Help ? (1 Viewer)

icedabz

HSC
I'm in a bit of a situation... Since i received my ATAR of 63(its not good but hey, didn't open a book or two during HSC)... Along with my 5 bonus marks i obtained an ATAR of 68 for UWS.... I saw on the 'UWS Triple Advantage' that because i live in the greater western region of Sydney, i will be accepted in early offers for Bachelor of Health Science (PDHPE) which is 67.95 .... I didn't get accepted... What i now realized was that it had to be on my top 3 preferences, its my 6th.... They skipped out a very important bit on the letter they sent...

So just a curious question, the course i want is 67.95 and i got 68 ... If i change it from 6th to 3rd tomorrow.... You guys think there's a chance i will get in, cause i'm shitting myself here... What do you guys reckon ? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

debts

HSC
N/A
it's a new course right? i would wait to see the outcome of main round and to see whether you get an offer or not - otherwise since you've changed your preferences AFTER the main round due date you will have be considered for early-feb or late round where your chances of getting in are slightly slimmer, but for a new course at UWS this might work for you.

best thing to do though, is to call up the uni and ask.

astroe

HSC
What do you mean changing it tomorrow?
The Main Round deadline closed a few days ago, whatever you put in will stay as you had it.

Look, I just signed in and got this message:

'Currently you can only view your course preferences. Change of preference reopens at 9:00 PM (Sydney time) on Wednesday 20 January 2010.'

It doesn't REALLY matter what order your courses are in, they will simply go down the list and see if you had the required ATAR for the course, and if you do - hey presto, you're in.

You can't change anything but you still had it on your list so it will be considered, even if it's the 6th course. Changing it to 3rd will do nothing as it was a special early-offer thing which closed all the way back in September.

The course isn't likely to fluctuate mark wise, so I think that you will most likely get in, as long as you don't get into the courses that are ordered higher than this one.

icedabz

HSC
Ahh thankz guys, i was hoping to hear i might get in... I guess we'll find out in 10 days... Most people will =] lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)