I'm going into Yr 11 ... (1 Viewer)

yvonne.cheng

HSC
Well, next year I'm starting yr 11, and I'm completely confused. Should I do extension 1 for english? Because I'm not like completely dedicated to my english work :(. I'm not really good at english as well ... I'm just worried that if I take it, I'm going to fail this unit. Give me your opinion on what I should do please ? Thanks.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
how many units are you doing? if more than 10, you can always just give it a try.

also, why are you considering it if you feel english is not your strength, if you don't mind me asking?

yvonne.cheng

HSC
Well, I'm planning to study architectural in uni. English is one of the subjects I have to study and I rather do advanced that standard. Anyway, if I don't make it to architecture, I'm considering forensic scientist ... which also means I have to study Advanced English. :)

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
Yvonne, from experience, ext english is COMPLETELY different to normal english, its still got essays and what not... but what you learn is like philosophy, heaps of people at my school who don't particulary like english, LOVE ext english.
So my advice is give it a try, you can always drop subjects, but you can't always pick them up.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hahah dont worry~
i was in esl when i was in year ten, but somehow my position of the grade is 21 out of 160 and i end up doing extension english and currently i'm suriving~ not the top student but yeah~

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yinyin said:
hahah dont worry~
i was in esl when i was in year ten, but somehow my position of the grade is 21 out of 160 and i end up doing extension english and currently i'm suriving~ not the top student but yeah~
Was there 160 people doing ESL or was it all english levels combined together?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)