I'm in Year 10. What can I do to get into med? (1 Viewer)

.blank

HSC
N/A
I'm in Year 10 this year and want to study Med (hopefully combined with Science at Usyd) when I head for Uni. I guess at this stage in time, I'm luckier than a lot of other people because I still have time to plan for it.
Unfortunately, I haven't really spent time to do a lot of extra curricular activities. I'm not really good at sport, and although I could probably obtain some sort of leadership role, I don't think it will be enough to cover for me.
So what do you think there is that I could do? I've asked a bit about the interviews, but there isn't much info about it. UNSW wouldn't be too bad but I seem to like Usyd more. I suppose I could go and do some serious sports training, and some other volunteer work, but is it enough at this point in time?

Jess007

HSC
woh...uve had a lot of time to think about it havent u?

mmm

i dont havea definate plan of what i want to do..and im doing hsc this year....just be committed... ull be fine...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
.blank said:
I'm in Year 10 this year and want to study Med (hopefully combined with Science at Usyd) when I head for Uni. I guess at this stage in time, I'm luckier than a lot of other people because I still have time to plan for it.
Unfortunately, I haven't really spent time to do a lot of extra curricular activities. I'm not really good at sport, and although I could probably obtain some sort of leadership role, I don't think it will be enough to cover for me.
So what do you think there is that I could do? I've asked a bit about the interviews, but there isn't much info about it. UNSW wouldn't be too bad but I seem to like Usyd more. I suppose I could go and do some serious sports training, and some other volunteer work, but is it enough at this point in time?
Do some work experience, get a life and do some extra curricular activities, study smart you need 99.95, aiming for usyd's combined plan is a bit unrealistic. Don't worry about interviews till you get a bloody offer.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
experience life.. cos once u get in.. and u cant figure why ppl drink themselves silly then ure not realli an experienced medic.. and u need to make friends and be diplomatic

u need to find a "get off ur 98-100 pedestral attitude" this isnt for the interview.. its for the course... the interview and the UMAT pale in comparison.. tat 4 hrs for the UMAT and the interview was easy compared to 50% of the course content.

Jess007

HSC
haha the tax rise..its like 50c...wow...step back under agers

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
:|... its about $0.8 per can :p.. tats about 160% higher than the poster above! lies lies and damn ppl tat dun do maths..

juggernaut

HSC
yeh, and asians dont live life. so give him proper advice please guys.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
.blank said:
You could join the local club in whatever sport you're interested in, definitely start Duke of Ed if you haven't already, do some volunteer work in your local community; good examples are: helping out at the church or nursing homes.

msomana

HSC
Live life has to be the best advice ever.

I'm guessing you might want some more specific stuff though. Try living a full life - social, academic, spiritual, physical... you know, that kind of thing. Try and be a well rounded person. Don't be a recluse like I was. It'll help regardless of whether you actually end up doing med or not :p but it does help you get in for sure.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
oh and i think i forgot to tell u... learn to suck d**k.. :).. and be lucky..

its the fastest way to success ..

NB: im i serious.. no... is this topic v. serious.. no...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)