I'm looking at CPU coolers, Can anyone recommend a good one? (1 Viewer)

zaadee

HSC
Title pretty much says it all. So does anyone know of any good processor coolers? If possible (but not compulsory), I wanna look at fanless solutions to minimise noise.

Btw, it has to fit with the Intel 775 socket

Acaanpca

HSC
There are fanless coolers like the sonic tower
that will do the job but for what they are, its a very expensive way to go, they're also huge and impractical and don't particular cool well. You'll find that stuff like your hard drive and PSU fan are making more noise then your CPU cooler. Best bet is large 120mm fan cooler, this will be pretty much silent, have far better cooling performance and be cheaper.

Last edited:

Acaanpca

HSC
Redwan said:
Tuniq Tower!!
THats just as big an impractical as a sonic tower. The zalman or similar will do a better job for less money.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
Acaanpca said:
THats just as big an impractical as a sonic tower. The zalman or similar will do a better job for less money.
but dont most of the Zalmans have fans?

he wants a fanless one to reduce noise!

Drunkass86

HSC
Fans these days don't sound like an aircarft about to take off...most good quality ones have a nearly silent fan...besides, if you're playing games or music etc, you wouldn't really notice it too much.

Fanless systems require one thing: air flow. If you don't have a good quality case with good airflow forget it - you're going to overheat badly.

Thermaltake MAXORB is huge..Don't know about noise but

Coolermaster CM SPHERE is a really good pick as well. I personally think its great. The mag that shows it reports on 22 dB.

The best one I think is the Thermaltake V1. It is big (vertically) but is so good.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Drunkass86 said:
Fans these days don't sound like an aircarft about to take off...most good quality ones have a nearly silent fan...besides, if you're playing games or music etc, you wouldn't really notice it too much.

Fanless systems require one thing: air flow. If you don't have a good quality case with good airflow forget it - you're going to overheat badly.

Thermaltake MAXORB is huge..Don't know about noise but

Coolermaster CM SPHERE is a really good pick as well. I personally think its great. The mag that shows it reports on 22 dB.

The best one I think is the Thermaltake V1. It is big (vertically) but is so good.
Ye very tru, just buy a cooler with a big 120mm fan or larger. Cause the larger the fan = less rpm, hence less sound + but they also cool better

Drunkass86

HSC
Hakz said:
Ye very tru, just buy a cooler with a big 120mm fan or larger. Cause the larger the fan = less rpm, hence less sound + but they also cool better
Didn't think they came with fans larger than 120 mm.

ricometa

HSC
Tuniq Tower or Thermalright Ultima or Sonic Tower

I have a sonic tower and it fits on a 775pin.
It works quite well, but i do advise you to get a tuniq tower since they do work nicer and cooler with core2duos

Much are you using a the stock intel cooler atm?
you are sure the majority of the noise is from this cpu cooler?
it could be the psu that contributes to the noise factor
this is something you need to check up on

Tojara

HSC
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme + Any 120mm Fan is the best air cooler out at the moment.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Of if you're really crazy - that new 140mm model is out from www.pccasegear.com

I don't know how it fares in the performance stakes though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)