I'm lost between D Computing and Arch. (1 Viewer)

polomolo

HSC
Hi...i'm just confused about what to choose between D Computing and Architecture...i love Design computing, i've looked through it heaps, but i'm just worried about future jobs and what it could give me. can anyone help? please? :rolleyes: lol...thanks!

Kaytea

lol xD i'm in the same situation as you. i'm leaning towards D computing though.

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Design computing, in my opinion, is a really crap course. It's subject matter is all over the place. It teaches you no real skills, and everything it does teach you is useless. Why would I care about the stages of the design process? Isn't it all obvious stuff that comes naturally? Why would I care about breaking an object into it's function/behaviour/structure? It might help me analyse something better, but as if it would actually help in designing it. Oh, designing, that's another thing you don't do. You only talk about designing.

OK, I admit there are people in the course that don't hate it as much as I do, but there are many people that do. And I have only completed one semester in the subject, so maybe it becomes better at some stage, but based on the first two weeks of semester 2, it doesn't look to be happening soon. I'm transfering. DesComp wasted a year of my life.

LOL, I'm so bitter. I dunno, you might like it, but don't choose it just based on the name or anything, actually look into it to see what you'll be doing. But quite frankly, I don't think design computing will offer many job oppurtunities, and I think one would be better off in architecture.

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
Maximus said:
Design computing, in my opinion, is a really crap course. It's subject matter is all over the place. It teaches you no real skills, and everything it does teach you is useless. Why would I care about the stages of the design process? Isn't it all obvious stuff that comes naturally? Why would I care about breaking an object into it's function/behaviour/structure? It might help me analyse something better, but as if it would actually help in designing it. Oh, designing, that's another thing you don't do. You only talk about designing.

OK, I admit there are people in the course that don't hate it as much as I do, but there are many people that do. And I have only completed one semester in the subject, so maybe it becomes better at some stage, but based on the first two weeks of semester 2, it doesn't look to be happening soon. I'm transfering. DesComp wasted a year of my life.

LOL, I'm so bitter. I dunno, you might like it, but don't choose it just based on the name or anything, actually look into it to see what you'll be doing. But quite frankly, I don't think design computing will offer many job oppurtunities, and I think one would be better off in architecture.

You're just seething over that one class. C'mon! Hahaha, you could have done 3d this sem. Its better than what I did last sem with the Microstation thing, where we drew BUILDINGS, Max, BUILDINGS?! I think they are on their way to improving the course...

chensta

HSC
N/A
i heard design computing sucks and is one of the worst courses at Sydney.....so yea, none of you should choose it......(it has nothing to do with the fact i want no competition)

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
chensta said:
i heard design computing sucks and is one of the worst courses at Sydney.....so yea, none of you should choose it......(it has nothing to do with the fact i want no competition)
Who says its the worst course at Sydney! It isn't that bad c'mon. I'm enjoying the small course size. Its great knowing each other when we want an extension on an assignment. Heehee!

Also the best thing are the lack of exams! Bwaaahahaha.

chensta

HSC
N/A
eneleon said:
Who says its the worst course at Sydney! It isn't that bad c'mon. I'm enjoying the small course size. Its great knowing each other when we want an extension on an assignment. Heehee!

Also the best thing are the lack of exams! Bwaaahahaha.

i was only joking, but im kinda hopihn there'll be a drop in cutoff :D

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
I hope none of the potential descomp students of 2008 miss my critical evaluation of the course!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)