• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I'm not racist, but... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
I know this should not be a consideration but it is - are there more asians, especially int. ones, in UNSW or USYD? Before you heckle me I am asian, thus I have a preordained right to discriminate against them unreasonably. Furthermore, to make things worse I’m going to pursue a commerce course. Are the numbers quantifiable, ie. percentages. So just in general and then specifically Commerce.
Cheers and happy discriminating. =)

Optophobia

HSC
ChilledAmbience said:
I know this should not be a consideration but it is - are there more asians, especially int. ones, in UNSW or USYD? Before you heckle me I am asian, thus I have a preordained right to discriminate against them unreasonably. Furthermore, to make things worse I’m going to pursue a commerce course. Are the numbers quantifiable, ie. percentages. So just in general and then specifically Commerce.
Asians are everywhere.
Hence, there are equal amounts at Usyd and UNSW. But you can't count them, because you lose count because they all look the same.

</Happy discriminating>

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
You should do commerce at Macquarie, hardly any asians...

turtleface

HSC
ChilledAmbience said:
We all are racists, hence why all these wars and social equality and muslim bagging shit goes on.

But I think you have a reasonable concern because no matter what unis say about multiculturalism bringing diversity and giving you an international/worldly experience at University, its all a load of bullshit if the international component is all from 2 or 3 asians countries. Its more like going to University in China.

At my uni its about 50% international in Commerce, though walking into any Accounting or Finance tutorial its more like 99% International (more specifically, asians). Its amazing when you have more than 2 non asians in a tutorial.

I think the reason so many asians do Commerce, more specifically Accounting, is to get PR and reasonable employment prospects.

Just remember that it is international students keeping the uni education system solvent and that many of them work very hard under very difficult conditions, being away from home and stuff, and deserve the same respect as everyone else.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
*cough* actuarials

you could try uws?

or even uow and une, i think you'll find there'll be less asians there.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
turtleface said:
We all are racists, hence why all these wars and social equality and muslim bagging shit goes on.
nah that's a pretty warped way of thinking. just because you might be *favourable* towards people of your own race doesn't make you a racist. there's the cultural and linguistic boundaries so FRICTION may be a given.

yeah i guess if you do commerce and med these days you'll see a lot of asians around campus. there's no escaping it iono chuck a USA and gun down everyone at uni :confused:

Helplessness

HSC
if you're asian, why would you want to know where all d asians at? you, yourself are asian, so why would you want to descriminate where all the other asians are, unless you are trying to avoid your own nationality, which would mean that you are in self denial of your heritage and have issues against yourself. Your welcoming of others to descriminate against people of your own nationality is stupid on multiple counts and i question your motive, YOU HAVE NO PRIDE FOR YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY OR YOUR HERITAGE AND ARE A DISGRACE TO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you are obviously a retard.

asian international students are to be avoided in group assignments like a sexually transmitted disease from a transexual hooker. that is, unless you take pleasure in getting shit marks and having to do all the work.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
ChilledAmbience said:
In terms of numbers there's not much difference between UNSW and USYD I think, although UNSW probably has slightly more. UNSW has more "fobby" and ghetto music asians, while USYD has more international students and "banana" asians. It depends on what type of asian you are.

Bendent

HSC
bobness said:
nah that's a pretty warped way of thinking. just because you might be *favourable* towards people of your own race doesn't make you a racist. there's the cultural and linguistic boundaries so FRICTION may be a given.

yeah i guess if you do commerce and med these days you'll see a lot of asians around campus. there's no escaping it iono chuck a USA and gun down everyone at uni :confused:
..and i see a lot of nonasians at other unis...at the city...at lots of places where there are hardly any asians. whats there to escape?? id like to know.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Helplessness said:
if you're asian, why would you want to know where all d asians at? you, yourself are asian, so why would you want to descriminate where all the other asians are, unless you are trying to avoid your own nationality, which would mean that you are in self denial of your heritage and have issues against yourself. Your welcoming of others to descriminate against people of your own nationality is stupid on multiple counts and i question your motive, YOU HAVE NO PRIDE FOR YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY OR YOUR HERITAGE AND ARE A DISGRACE TO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS.
Asian is not a nationality.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
In terms of numbers there's not much difference between UNSW and USYD I think, although UNSW probably has slightly more. UNSW has more "fobby" and ghetto music asians, while USYD has more international students and "banana" asians. It depends on what type of asian you are.
hahaha bananas and international students are almost diametric opposites methinks.

bananas just wanna be white and international students (asians) will stick to their little cliques and do more 'fobby' activities than the aussie-chinese fobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)