I'm really scared (1 Viewer)

briyani

HSC
Hey guys

sorry to start of on a bad note but my friend killed herself 2 years ago the night before her first HSC exam.....im doing my HSC this year and i cant stop thinking about her...not that i want to kill myself ...but i have been depressed in the past im getting a little stressed out with trials and everything coming up..i do pretty good at school but i cant seem to get her out of my mind...i think its distracting my alot because i dont want to focus to hard because i knwo then i will get to stressed and that...if that makes sense

i don't know what to do had to get this off my chest...

anyways goodluck to everyone xoxox

crazathiest

HSC
You sound like you have the ability to do well in the exams. I'm sure your friend would want you to do really well.

Good luck.

michael1990

HSC
You should try and get it off your chest to someone that is close to you.
Work out ways in which you will not think about her.

Or turn the situation around to say, i want to do this for her. I will not crack under the pressure and so forth.

You sound like a strong-minded woman. Just believe in yourself.

xJennax

HSC
Aww <3 That's sad you're feeling this way. If you're doing pretty well at school there's nothing to worry about. Try not to get stressed and if you do, don't worry because the HSC isn't the end of the world. It would be difficult trying to concentrate knowing how your friend delt with it but I guess you could use it as your inspiration and do it for her.
If it's becoming a real issue though then perhaps you need to talk to a councillor about it. Good luck with everything.

lionking1191

HSC
if you feel you could you use some advice, or just want someone to talk to about it, it's better to speak to your school counselor or a trusted adult (eg. year adviser)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Picture a happy place, if this doesn't work, communicate! converse!

Muz4PM

HSC
All I can do is echo the words of the pervious posters. I think it would be best if you talked about this to a counsellor or a professional in the field of depression/mental health problems, to resolve any issues and problems you may have.

Also, HSC is not the be all and end all, there are several different paths you can take to get to where you want to go. Sure, it would be good to do well in your HSC, and try to do the best you can. Remember that is all you can do, your best, and it is not wise to put too much pressure on yourself at the expense of your own health of well being. If you are having troubles, seek help, with a parent, trusted teacher or probably seek the helpf of a counsellor. Best of luck with everything, hang in there :).

HSC
Exphate said:
There are many, many alternativities to getting where you want to go, that don' t rely on the HSC. It's a test in life, but it doesn't define your life :)
Exphate's first nice post (EVER?)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
briyani said:
Hey guys

sorry to start of on a bad note but my friend killed herself 2 years ago the night before her first HSC exam.....im doing my HSC this year and i cant stop thinking about her...not that i want to kill myself ...but i have been depressed in the past im getting a little stressed out with trials and everything coming up..i do pretty good at school but i cant seem to get her out of my mind...i think its distracting my alot because i dont want to focus to hard because i knwo then i will get to stressed and that...if that makes sense

The good news is, if u go with this story to a psychologist you'll probably get 5 free uai points! HIGH 5!!!

laurasia

HSC
N/A
HSC is really nothing.
theres life after the HSC dw folks

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
apply for the additional uai points, it helps a lot. a friend of mine was rewarded 5 extra uai points because her oldr sister ATTEMPTED to commit suicide just before her hsc exams but ended up in hospital instead, hence the younger sister was not able to study properly.

if you end up failing you can do uni track at uws or uni search at uts for one semester and you will gain entry at that particular uni, and of course there is always tafe

michael1990

HSC
Don't worry. You're starting to stress too much already !

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Exphate said:
There are many, many alternativities to getting where you want to go, that don' t rely on the HSC. It's a test in life, but it doesn't define your life :)
exactly, i agree with you 100% :)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
briyani said:
Hey guys

Hey,

I can't imagine how hard that must be for you, doing the HSC must be a constant reminder of what happened and how much you miss her. Was she the girl of the news that year, the dancer? I really do think it would be a good idea for you to talk to someone, your school counsellor would probably be your best option as others have mentioned or see your doctor for a refferal to a psychologist - they're covered by medicare now so you wouldn't need to worry about the money. Let your teachers know that you're struggling to cope, they can be very supportive with everything. Even just calling the Kids Help Line can help when you are thinking about things and feeling down and just need to talk things through. There's nothing wrong with asking for some help, even though it's hard. If your schooling is being very affected by it all, you should consider applying for the Educational Access Scheme.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you get yourself some extra support because it sounds like you need some. Good luck with your HSC, I know everyone is always saying it but don't stress yourself too much because it is not as important as it feels, you're doing well already - to be able to get good marks when you're dealing with what you are shows amazing strength <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)