Im sick of this... (1 Viewer)

thrash4life

HSC
Hi everybody,

Im in year 11 at the moment and i feel i just want to leave school. But i have nothing to go to.

You see, i chose subjects that would help me in uni in the future, but now ive decided i dont want to go to uni and the subjects ive chosen i really hate and im REALLY struggling and im afraid they are gonna scale me down big time in the HSC. To make the problem worse its too late to change subject.

Then i go on to think im gonna fail the hsc leaving me with a really bad future ahead of me not being able to get a job and all that.

All this is leaving me really frustrated and angry about my life because all i can think about is failing the hsc not getting a good future. Probably the only thing keeping me motivated and happy about life is music, my drumming, and video games.

Please an someone shed some light for me and make me feel more motivated to go to school again. Sorry if i sound emo, i just need help.

Subjects:
SOR
Eng
Chem (HATE and struggling very bad)
Adv Maths (Struggling very bad)
Music (a subject i LOVE)
Geography (subject i like)
Multimedia (subject i like as well)

Last edited:

johony

HSC
It's not too late to change subjects - you'll just find yourself with a lot of catching up to do.

Have you got something in mind that you'd like to study at uni?

jessyy

HSC
you should be allowed to drop down to general math before you start year 12. and why dont you see if you can swap chem for senior science or something on the same line. if you go around it the right way and explain to your teachers what you are going through im sure they will understand. they are there to help you, not bring you down.

thrash4life

HSC
Yes, sound engineering, which doesn't really need uni.

Or, something to do with music (musicology).

But at the moment im not really sure.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
thrash4life said:
Then i go on to think im gonna fail the hsc leaving me with a really bad future ahead of me not being able to get a job and all that.
Dw, the HSC isn't everything.There are alternative pathways to a decent career, you've just gotta work for it and put in the effort.
You should be able to drop down to general&senior science if you can't exactly change - but if you're still not sure about school you might want to talk to your careers adviser for help etc.

In the end its all up to you, but yeah ur teachers are there to help too.

Finx

HSC
First, I'd recommend you to look at the posted notes and/or study tips for 2u Maths and Chemistry. Also have a look at what might come up further down the course. If you feel you cannot grasp it or it's disinteresting, then you might have to consult your teachers as to what other subjects you can take up.

Keep in mind that IT'S NOT OVER! A little bit of persistence and regular revision always helps. Re-read what you don't understand, and even go back to earlier topics to understand certain concepts.

Hope this helps =]

fjnpenguin

HSC
KnifeySpoony said:
Dw, the HSC isn't everything.There are alternative pathways to a decent career, you've just gotta work for it and put in the effort.
You should be able to drop down to general&senior science if you can't exactly change - but if you're still not sure about school you might want to talk to your careers adviser for help etc.

In the end its all up to you, but yeah ur teachers are there to help too.
i agree

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You should talk to everyone that may be a source of advice to you. Your teachers, your year advisor, your peers, your deputy principal(s) [maybe even your principal], past Year 12 students, careers' advisor(s), other students that have dropped out of school.

However, as Johnny hinted at - if you don't know what you wanna be when you grow up, then dropping out will just lead to a crap life. Make sure you have a career path if and when you choose to drop out.

Good luck. :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
You'll do fine, just got to work hard and get support from your friends and family. :)

TurkStyle

HSC
bro its never too late to change my cuzn last year changes from general maths to 2u and 3u maths in the 8th month! My uncle cliked it at the principal they had to change him

FugitiveGirl

HSC
You should still be able to change, because if you really want to, they can't stop you. Just get your parents to call the school or something. I remember last year a girl in year 11 changed at the end of term 3.. lol which is a bit late but whatever O:

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
year 11 doesn't count that much in year 12, all the info if you do however miss it can be found here. Drop chem in year 12 if you still dislike it and play more video games.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
thrash4life said:
Hi everybody,

Im in year 11 at the moment and i feel i just want to leave school. But i have nothing to go to.

You see, i chose subjects that would help me in uni in the future, but now ive decided i dont want to go to uni and the subjects ive chosen i really hate and im REALLY struggling and im afraid they are gonna scale me down big time in the HSC. To make the problem worse its too late to change subject.

All this is leaving me really frustrated and angry about my life because all i can think about is failing the hsc not getting a good future. Probably the only thing keeping me motivated and happy about life is music, my drumming, and video games.

Please an someone shed some light for me and make me feel more motivated to go to school again. Sorry if i sound emo, i just need help.

Subjects:
SOR
Eng
Chem (HATE and struggling very bad)
Adv Maths (Struggling very bad)
Music (a subject i LOVE)
Geography (subject i like)
Multimedia (subject i like as well)
The subjects you have are by choice. The situation you are is made by choice. Hence, you chose to be where you are right now, because of not making more careful decisions back in year 10. Hence, who are you to whinge to anybody?! You keep thinking you’re going to fail the HSC and I’ll guarantee you, that you’ll fail the HSC. Keep thinking about what’s wrong, and you’ve wasted x amount of time, when you could have been doing something about your situation. Also, you're struggling, because you're CHOOSING to struggle. How fucking hard is it, to read a textbook, and memorize a shitload of information?

And why the fuck do you need someone to motivate you? Do you now let someone now dictate your life? Are you willing to let someone decide where you’ll be in 10 years down the road? Fucking, stupid kids these days. Take responsibility for your fucking life and do something about it.

And who are you to make such a fucking generalized flawed statement that all people who drop out of school are failures? Some of the most influential people in the world laid the traits of what we have today and they didn't even finish school and whom failed hundreds and hundreds of times in what they were trying to accomplish. But, they all shared a few similar characteristics. They firstly didn’t get defeated by it, like you as they took full responsibility of where they are and where they are going. They were smart enough to know that one to learn to do something right, Is by doing something wrong. People who fail in life allow run them, if you're smart enough, you would be solution orientated.

Toughen up or go kill yourself.

Continuum said:
You'll do fine, just got to work hard and get support from your friends and family. :)
And what are you basing that on?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
And what are you basing that on?
Enlighten me, are you referring to the first part or the second part of my response?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
How fucking hard is it, to read a textbook, and memorize a shitload of information?

And why the fuck do you need someone to motivate you? Do you now let someone now dictate your life? Are you willing to let someone decide where you’ll be in 10 years down the road? Fucking, stupid kids these days. Take responsibility for your fucking life and do something about it.
In a way thats true, But some people have trouble reading a textbook and understanding/remembering the concepts. Some people are just incapable of grasping certain ideas, for example, a person at my school has trouble converting a f'(x) graph into a f(x) graph at a 2U Math level, no matter now many hundreds of times i've tried to explain it to him! I understood how to do it within the first 2 minutes of the teacher telling the class, but everybody is different, and the speeds they learn at can vary quite significantly.

Hard work can never make up for a lack of genius. Sure, people can get good marks, but if they're not born smart, they won't be no.1 no matter how hard they try. Look at the guy whos no.1 in St Pius X College for example, from what i've read about him, I don't think i could beat him even if i bothered trying. People need to think in tests, not simply memorise facts and rewrite them again! (Except for biology and economics. Those are just memorise and rewrite type subjects) If someone is smart, they can think of the solution, even if they have not been taught explicityly how to solve a particular type of problem, but if a person is not born smart, they can only learn to do the types of questions that are most likely to turn up in the test, and if there is something different, then most likely, they won't be able to do it. Hard work can take you above average, but it can never make up for a lack of genius.

Also, your language is obscene.

HSC
foram said:
Geez, this guys is borderline suicide! Focus on the good side, not the bad stuff!!
Dude, if he's like this now imagine how he'll be doing the actual HSC.
I'm just trying to help him out yo.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
the HSC is not much different to the prelims. It's only one more test! The difficulty isn't going to jump up a lot. Look at math! Yr11 2U math is pretty much the same as Yr 12 2U math.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)