i'm stressing over picking my BOW concept :( (1 Viewer)

jorie

HSC
i just can't put to words how stressful choosing a concept is. I am doing photography for my BOW and was suggesting to my teacher of do levitating photography and hopefully from there I could pick up a concept, but i'm just lost with where I am going with this and i'm just losing my mind!!!

most people have already started there works and i'm still stuck on the ideas page, pls tell me i'm not the only one?

wenq

HSC
Having been in your situation (and having seen most of my peers in your situation), honestly - don't worry about your concept. Just do what you do, take the photos you think are cool and you want to take, then take some time at the end of a week or two to look back and see if you can find any overarching pattern in what you've done. That'll be your concept, easy. Then just rinse and repeat, redo things if they don't fit, fill in any gaps. Keep looking back and seeing if there's anything interesting you want to take further. Do this consistently the whole year and you'll ace it.

Seriously though, for the entirety of term 4 everything I did on my major work I scrapped and I didn't have a concept until my work was finished (lol). So you're doing fine.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Stop stressing so much, the problem you are having is you are having a really fixed idea of what you want the end product to look like-but a part of visual arts is you got to embrace the uncertainty along the way, go and research artists, get inspired by what they do, think about what you are passionate about, and draw up a few concepts you can play around with, the first term is usually for experimentation of ideas anyways, rather than starting concretely on the major work, don't worry about other people, just focus on yourself, if you keep stressing about stressing, you won't be producing much works. Relax, calm down, research, experiment and see how you go (and discuss it with your teacher as well) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)