I'm taking a Creative approach (1 Viewer)

D.Larie

For a Contemporary Cultures assignment, I've decided to create a website instead of writing an essay.
I still have to write though.
Has anyone done this before or know what to do?
What do I have to write about?

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
are u allowed even?
cause sometimes if u do the wrong thing, u end up getting zilch

D.Larie

Well, it's only first year...and it's ungraded.
We're encouraged to experiment at the mean time. :eek:

Jinglebell

HSC
For CC2, one of my slightly artsy friends threw paint on a blanket or somesuch and explained how it was a representation of a landscape. It got a HD.

For CC1 I wrote a documentary script sorta thing about westies, complete with fake latin words. My tutor loved it to bits. I think he woulda given it D or HD.

It's very easy to do completely unacademic stuff in Contemporary Cultures. The wankier it is, the more they love it. You have to submit an essay/project plan at some point, yes? At that point your tutor will tell you if they don't think a website is a suitable medium for what you're trying to do, but I don't see there being a problem with it...

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Jinglebell said:
For CC2, one of my slightly artsy friends threw paint on a blanket or somesuch and explained how it was a representation of a landscape. It got a HD.

For CC1 I wrote a documentary script sorta thing about westies, complete with fake latin words. My tutor loved it to bits. I think he woulda given it D or HD.

It's very easy to do completely unacademic stuff in Contemporary Cultures. The wankier it is, the more they love it.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence :rolleyes:

Jinglebell

HSC
mr EaZy said:
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence :rolleyes:
Well, yes, I do think insanity would be a prerequisite for choosing to devote your life to cultural studies:p Thus I always found 2am a great time to work on killer Contemporary Cultures assignments. It's all in the detachment from reality...Although the trick is to appear serious and meaningful about the abosolute wank that you're trying to pass off as academic.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Just talk to your tutor about your idea.... it is highly likely that they will be extremely supportive of you doing something outside the square.

For CC1, I wrote a piece of fictocriticism that was only about 1000 words long and was very cheeky.... I also wasn't really sure what fictocriticism was. I got a HD.

For CC2 I did an essay....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)