• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Im tryna lock in for this year (2 Viewers)

iloveeggs

future cat lady <3
HSC
Does anybody have any HAST resources, im bout to do it next year in year 7 to make it into penrith girra baulko in yr 8 yk. my selective results this yr was cooked i got blacktown boys, if theres any tips, or stuff like that it would be helpful, i here everyone saying to use UCAT resources for spatial awareness, if anybody has an links, pls send me them 🙏 Thank you :D

gmail: satvik.bobbili12@gmail.com
i was in your exact position in y7 bc i got practically no selective prep. i wrote hast in y7 and moved to a top 50 selective school in y8

after i got there i wasn't satisfied with myself and literally tried again multiple times to go to a top 10 or top 5 school. i got close to getting into a top 10 school one time in y9 but then i completely burnt out in the process (ended up having to drop out of the waitlist bc i couldn't go anyways). and then in y10 i decided since im too stupid to be in a top 5 school that i needed to rank 1st in everything in my school, and i need to get straight As and 100s on my tests, which worked in y10.

throughout y7-10, my entire identity was that i was academically gifted. i was going to tutoring for maths and science, accelerating a subject, picking the hardest subject combos, in the top classes for maths and sciences, doing as many extracurriculars as possible, doing leadership and volunteering etc. y11 was my breaking point, the burnout had been building up and after term 1 i couldn't cope and i dropped literally all of my extracurriculars and from then till now im still at the lowest point in my entire life mentally.

the reason why i told you all that is bc while i think its admirable you are taking your high school journey seriously you dont have to be like me and focus your entire life on it bc it is unhealthy and will lead to massive burnout. its not the end of the world if you dont move in y7 or whatever. there are guys in my school from bbhs that moved in y10 that are doing amazing here now, you dont have to move in y7 in particular and if you dont make it its not the end of the world.

even the process of moving schools is difficult bc when i moved in y7 i found the jump to be a bit hard bc my current school's work was so much more advanced and i actually struggled a bit, so don't think that if you get into baulko or smth straight out of bbhs that your problems will be solved and you will do better bc if you are at the top of bbhs you might be at the bottom of baulko, you never know.

you should 100% do hast and try to move tho bc ik what bbhs is like, but in year 7 you are allowed to be stupid and slack off and have fun and have friends and hobbies ad not think about the hsc too, bc every year up until year 12 doesnt count, most people are just kind of average or slack off and then lock in in y11 or even y12 and then end up doing well in the hsc.

as for hast prep just go off literally any hast online papers you can find and spam them - i used notesedu back in the day but idk how relevant it is now. s

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
@satvikprogaming blud u got hella yrs my guy. From the experiences of maybe 4 people on this post including mine, I rec you live your life to the fullest. Fuck your exams (ie ofc dont slack off hard, but don't take it to the point where you genuinely waste time out of your childhood for the sake of some puny ass 'academic achievement' award in yr 7.

satvikprogaming

HSC
N/A
i was in your exact position in y7 bc i got practically no selective prep. i wrote hast in y7 and moved to a top 50 selective school in y8

after i got there i wasn't satisfied with myself and literally tried again multiple times to go to a top 10 or top 5 school. i got close to getting into a top 10 school one time in y9 but then i completely burnt out in the process (ended up having to drop out of the waitlist bc i couldn't go anyways). and then in y10 i decided since im too stupid to be in a top 5 school that i needed to rank 1st in everything in my school, and i need to get straight As and 100s on my tests, which worked in y10.

throughout y7-10, my entire identity was that i was academically gifted. i was going to tutoring for maths and science, accelerating a subject, picking the hardest subject combos, in the top classes for maths and sciences, doing as many extracurriculars as possible, doing leadership and volunteering etc. y11 was my breaking point, the burnout had been building up and after term 1 i couldn't cope and i dropped literally all of my extracurriculars and from then till now im still at the lowest point in my entire life mentally.

the reason why i told you all that is bc while i think its admirable you are taking your high school journey seriously you dont have to be like me and focus your entire life on it bc it is unhealthy and will lead to massive burnout. its not the end of the world if you dont move in y7 or whatever. there are guys in my school from bbhs that moved in y10 that are doing amazing here now, you dont have to move in y7 in particular and if you dont make it its not the end of the world.

even the process of moving schools is difficult bc when i moved in y7 i found the jump to be a bit hard bc my current school's work was so much more advanced and i actually struggled a bit, so don't think that if you get into baulko or smth straight out of bbhs that your problems will be solved and you will do better bc if you are at the top of bbhs you might be at the bottom of baulko, you never know.

you should 100% do hast and try to move tho bc ik what bbhs is like, but in year 7 you are allowed to be stupid and slack off and have fun and have friends and hobbies ad not think about the hsc too, bc every year up until year 12 doesnt count, most people are just kind of average or slack off and then lock in in y11 or even y12 and then end up doing well in the hsc.

as for hast prep just go off literally any hast online papers you can find and spam them - i used notesedu back in the day but idk how relevant it is now. s
Thank you :D I understand now

satvikprogaming

HSC
N/A
@satvikprogaming blud u got hella yrs my guy. From the experiences of maybe 4 people on this post including mine, I rec you live your life to the fullest. Fuck your exams (ie ofc dont slack off hard, but don't take it to the point where you genuinely waste time out of your childhood for the sake of some puny ass 'academic achievement' award in yr 7.
Alr!

hubin

HSC
I’ve had both the public and selective school experience and honestly I wouldn’t say ones better than the other. They both have their advantages.

My closest friends are almost all from my public high school. I consider those friendships more valuable than whatever i achieved.

Selective can help with “encouragement” and getting to a final destination. But you learn so many more life lessons and meet a more diverse range of people in public.

Enjoy life man and consider it a blessing and opportunity to go to a public (can always transfer onwards)

iloveeggs

future cat lady <3
HSC
I’ve had both the public and selective school experience and honestly I wouldn’t say ones better than the other. They both have their advantages.

My closest friends are almost all from my public high school. I consider those friendships more valuable than whatever i achieved.

Selective can help with “encouragement” and getting to a final destination. But you learn so many more life lessons and meet a more diverse range of people in public.

Enjoy life man and consider it a blessing and opportunity to go to a public (can always transfer onwards)
no they got into blacktown boys in the selective stream. your point still stands tho

jane1820

HSC

Honestly selective is a place where u cant trust anyone bc everyone is competition everyone is for themselves before i moved selective i had the best friends (we barely talk now but ykwim) n the funnest yrs of my life trust but then i moved Selective n i realised ppl here r just for the academics yh they’re fun but in reality if u were mentally drained n exhausted they won’t make u 100% better bc its an advantage for them (less competition) not to say they will completely ignore they’ll probably ask how u r doing n talk abt it but they wont go way and beyond to make u feel better unlike my friends from my old skl

anyways yh thats the reality of the social part of the whole thing ngl but its ok i mean its not deep for me some might disagree tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)