iMac or Alienware. (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Take your pick and convince me why its the better choice.

Assume that my budget ranges from $1500-$2500.

And go.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
can you even get an alienware notebook for that price range?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jemsta said:
can you even get an alienware notebook for that price range?
If i was to get an alienware i'd get a desktop.

mazza!

HSC
zomg arent i the first person u should ask? lol mmm mac is really over rated but imac looks pretty good but its all in one alineware is way expesive simo! and i read stuff bout the service being pretty shit and my uncle knows the australian frachise owner dude and says dey r jsut over priced CANT BELIEVE U DIDNT ASK ME FIRST wheres the love lol

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
mazza! said:
zomg arent i the first person u should ask? lol mmm mac is really over rated but imac looks pretty good but its all in one alineware is way expesive simo! and i read stuff bout the service being pretty shit and my uncle knows the australian frachise owner dude and says dey r jsut over priced CANT BELIEVE U DIDNT ASK ME FIRST wheres the love lol
Haha.

Should've asked you first.

Evilo

HSC
alienware is too expensive, but im anti-mac so theres my answer

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
politik said:
Get the iMac, and make a time-machine. Then travel back in time to a point in the past when you were using Windows. Then laugh at yourself.
Man that was lame, even for you.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
Well are you going to do much gaming? if so then the alienware, if not and you will do more gfx or other work then g3t the Mac.

pete_mate

HSC
if you're buying a desktop, why would you buy an alienware. It's the same crap as every other computer, including the insides of the mac except in a fancy case.

The whole point of going the pc route is you get to buy the components at a much cheaper price than the mac.

You can still buy that fancy case, get one by "Thermaltake" or something, but you'll save a shitload on the actual parts.

i don't even want to touch the mac vs pc thing, but if go down the pc route you may aswell save your money and get a collection of individual components and then build.

therefore, it should be imac, versus "custom built desktop" because the parts are all commodities why pay alienware (or even apple for that matter) to buy an intel quad core for you when you can pick one up yourself directly for almost half the price.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
pete_mate said:
if you're buying a desktop, why would you buy an alienware. It's the same crap as every other computer, including the insides of the mac except in a fancy case.

The whole point of going the pc route is you get to buy the components at a much cheaper price than the mac.

You can still buy that fancy case, get one by "Thermaltake" or something, but you'll save a shitload on the actual parts.

i don't even want to touch the mac vs pc thing, but if go down the pc route you may aswell save your money and get a collection of individual components and then build.

therefore, it should be imac, versus "custom built desktop" because the parts are all commodities why pay alienware (or even apple for that matter) to buy an intel quad core for you when you can pick one up yourself directly for almost half the price.
Yep.

Just made a compy myself, quad core with an 8800gts 320mb for $1500

If you don't know how to build a computer, you can always pay someone that bit extra so they can put it together for ya

pete_mate

HSC
runtlocks said:
Yep.

Just made a compy myself, quad core with an 8800gts 320mb for $1500

If you don't know how to build a computer, you can always pay someone that bit extra so they can put it together for ya
msy even do assembly and testing, plus you can buy it without the operating system, saving money.

+ When you've already got like 2x 200gb hard drives + dvd burner you save money by using that stuff in the new one.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
My reasons for wanting a mac is that the notion of viruses, spyware, crashes, hard drive failures and any computer related problem in that retrospect is removed by using a mac. Then again, the specs aren't all that powerful for a computer at its price range.

Alienware is also expensive, but its good looking, well designed, well built, there's quality in its assembly and its a behemoth of a computer.

Truth be told, i'm stuck between the two. A custom PC is also a viable (and actually increasignly attractive) option, but then i'd be at risk of viruses, spyware and so on. I don't want that.

So in light of my perspective, any further tips? Anyone?

pete_mate

HSC
S1M0 said:
My reasons for wanting a mac is that the notion of viruses, spyware, crashes, hard drive failures and any computer related problem in that retrospect is removed by using a mac.

Yeah, they don't break down at all,

mac's aren't subject to the laws of physics, especially ipods, they never break down, ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)