Imaginative Journey Essay Question! (1 Viewer)

pratikvc

HSC
" The way a journey is represented in a text shapes our thinking about the concept of journey"

- what does this mean?
- what am i required to do?
- how can this be interpreted for imaginative journeys?
:confused:
Any help would be heaps appreciated!!!

Dark Phoenix

HSC
what does this mean?
its just saying that different types of texts like film, books, poetry can shape our view on the idea of journey

What am i required to do?
can u give us the whole the question, because so far it is a statement. ur not required to do anything

how can this interpreted for imaginative journeys?
you could say that different texts styles can stimulate the mind of the reader therefore taking the reader beyond physical boundaries. say a book cover - ivory trail (images of sphinx and pyramids triggers the imagination as much detail of the egyptian culture remains shrouded in mystery and speculation)

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Not only is it asking you to discuss the text type, but more importantly, it's asking you to talk about the ways in which the certain techniques used by the composer affect the journey.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Assuming that it's an extended response type question, i'd be focusing on the 'learning' aspects of journeying as it states "shapes our way of thinking".

Techniques are a given, you must ALWAYS focus on techniques.

However this isn't a "the journey is more important than the destination" type question so you'd be expanding on the human condition, psyche, journeys' impact on our world view etc rather than the continuous process of journeys, the physical and metaphysical :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)