Imaginative Journey - The Tempest, Road Not Taken and The Butterfly Effect? (1 Viewer)

mjrogers89

HSC
Hey, has anyone previously done these three texts together, if so, did you find that Road Not Taken was a bad choice to fitting in context with The Tempest and Butterfly Effect (Film)?.

I was thinking i would construct a thesis about travelling through unknown experiences and issues to gain understanding of oneself .. i.e. The Protagonist in each text makes decisions which change the world around them and the reality they live in will change with their decisions, but in the end the three of them realise what they must do or that their final decision is the right choice to fix the world around them.

I was thinking that in relation to the above idea, The ' Chaos Theory', which the butterfly effect is based around would be a good centre point?..

Any agreements/disagreements, or advice?

Thanks heaps

guitarchick

*Mellie*
HSC
Hey

I think that your idea is good and it could follow through on all your texts. Im doing The Tempest(struggling) , Journey to the interior and the movie "A Beautiful Mind" and im going witha similar theme of finding ones self through imaginary experiences etc etc

are u going to follow this theme through the whole thing or..?

mjrogers89

HSC
Hey, thanks for your opinion, yeah im thinking of keeping chaos theory and how controlling the world around you and messing with original paths can cause tradgedy and then ill sum up showing how prospero breaks his staff and apolagises to the audience and how the guy in butterfly effect fixes his decision so i guess its really bout the path taken so the chaos theory and road not taken are the real centre points

Toranaman

HSC
Hey

I was wondering about something in Butterfly effect and was wondering if you had an opinion. Potentially could the journey undertaken by Evan actually be a construct of his mind and that all along he was actually in the mental home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)