Imaginative Journey: Unexpected Destinations (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
haha sorry i ripped your idea chrissygirl2007 :p

how`d you guys approach this Q ?

HSC
i did mine as a point form radio interview

am kind of regretting it now thoguh cause everyone i speak to on msn reckons its going to fuck me over, i thoguht it woudl be perfect seeing as thouhg it was for the creative part

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:

am kind of regretting it now thoguh cause everyone i speak to on msn reckons its going to fuck me over, i thoguht it woudl be perfect seeing as thouhg it was for the creative part
lol uhh , dude i think youre referring to the wrong section lol.
this was the essay bit - not the creative writing :)

ChrissyGirl2007 said:
i feel proud that someone stole my idea.
mwahaha :eek: , it was a good idea =D

Jerruy

HSC
it was an essay!!! why do a radio interview when it didnt specify it??!

gpark

HSC
this question was really good but i ran outta time =[[

i talked about how different characters arrived at destination that were unexpected to them, and its effects

eg prospero initially takes the i j to see the kings party suffer but forgives/reconciles. he also gains wisdom. his destination is that he gives up his magical powers

ferdinand and miranda unexpectedly find love. their marriage is the destination

alonso conspires against prospero's as duke of milan but loss of his son (he thinks) forces him to re evalute his motives. his destination is regeneration

blah blah blahh

how ddi others approach the q?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I said how going into one’s mind and imagining things was like going to an unexpected destination.

My vocabulary is bad so I used that phrase “unexpected destination” at least three times in every paragraph.

karnoganguli

HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:

You nearly gave me a heart attack. Thank god it was essay (well after the exam)...

collide

HSC
i wrote about prospero's initial plan of revenge and how the journey led him to forgive, abandon his art etc.. so the imaginative journey basically transforms individauls, changing their intended path - hence leading them to an unexpected destination lol.. miranda + ferdinand's unexpected love, alonso + repentance how this led to an unknown destination.. his son was still alive etc etc

was so happy about the question :D

samuel slack

HSC
I tackled this question by talking about the destinations that some characters reached that were unexpected... E.g- Prospero- unexpectedly gives up magic, changes his mindset from one of vengeance to forgiveness, etc. Caliban, after his "badness" (no i did not use this word) reaches the unexpected destination of penitence, "I will hereafter seek for grace"... Gpark, I think we tackled the question similarly. Now all I can hope is that we answered it well :)

jiakan

HSC
I wrote 12 pages for the last section and also a fair amount in the other two sections but still had 5 minutes remaining before the end of the exam.

I reckon the question of 'unexpected destinations' for imaginative journeys were pretty straight forward. Can't believe people found it hard..=/

kaos12345

HSC
i wrote about the unexpected destinations as being the insights and experiences gained through the journey, and also occasionally discussed about the unexpected destination as being the literal world of the tempest, Ivory trail etc.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i looked at unexpected destinations being metaphorical for part of it as if referring to the conclusions that we arive at through our journeys. meh

HSC
i did alot of what you guys said..talking about how the destination could be phsycial, or a state of mind or realisation. I only really talked about prospero tho =\ forgot to throw in my stuff about miranda

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
jiakan said:
Can't believe people found it hard..=/
That's not a very nice thing to say - people have different strengths and weaknesses... one might have found the short answer difficult, while another breezes through it. You shouldn't make those sort of comments - it is rude. I'm sure you aren't ace at EVERY SINGLE THING you do!

As for me, I approached the question by saying that: Yes, the imaginative journey takes you to an unexpected destination - but it is the journey process (imagination, speculation, inspiriation) that helps BOTH responder/composer reach unexpected conclusions of life/self-growth/altered perceptions of thier life etc... thus, they are led to a METAPHORICAL unexpected destination.

But I totally rushed it - so I don't know how clear that thesis is read in my essay....

CREATIVE WRITING WAS SOO AWESOME!!

1 down, 6 to go! (OMG)

bahhh

HSC
Wow I think my reply was REALLY over-simplified and I'm totally freaking out reading what you all did - all I did was say it depended on the nature of the journey - chaotic imaginative journeys led to an unexpected destination, enriching imaginative journeys led to an expected destination. I guess I just rushed into it too quickly, huh?

bec007

HSC
Did no one do Coleridge as the prescribed text? it was so easy to manipulate to the question. all his poetry is about himself journeying to unexpected destinations lol. so good.

Ademir

HSC
I basically did what you guys did. Pretty much moulded what I knew into the answer.

Also I commented on how certain aspects of the journeys were expected (such as the pretty obvious sign that Caliban's plot would fail) but how an unexpected twist leads to the outcome being unexpected (lol).

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
The question was pretty flexible... I think as long you had the concepts with you you should be alright.

Anyone do On Giant's Shoulder's? It's the worst text - I mean who wants to journey into the realms of SCIENCE! Stupid non-fiction text...

I totally rushed my related text though! And I didn't INTEGRATE!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)